Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MG7720 Failed firmware update and now just a black screen with a blinking power button.

I used my MG7720 and it said it had a firmware update ready.  So I did as it said, went into settings and told it to update its firmware.  When I looked again it said it had failed it's update and to press the on button to try again.  I did that and now all I have is black screen and a blinking power button. 

New Contributor

Re: MG7720 Failed firmware update and now just a black screen with a blinking power button.

I too have the same problem. I initiated a firmware update as prompted but it failed. The update failed and I clicked the retry option after which the screen went blank with backlight and the power light keeps blinking. 

Product Expert

Re: MG7720 Failed firmware update and now just a black screen with a blinking power button.

Hi Johnpv,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Product Expert

Hi canpix,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I had the same issue, I unplugged the printer, waited about 30 seconds and then plugged it back in, it then downloaded the update and successfully applied it.