cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7120 Cannot Scan using wired network to Mac

GGMan
Apprentice

I am unable to get my new MG7120 to scan using a wired Mac network and a Mac running Mountain Lion. The printing function works fine but there is no way to register the scanner so it is unrecognized when connected using a wired network. A Windows computer on the same network has no trouble with scanning and Windows drivers worked fine. The network driver only shows the 7120 as a printer not as a scanner too.

Adding a USB connection between the Mac and the 7120 makes everything work as expected through the USB port. It's almost as if the Mac drivers don't support using the scanner through the network.

Has anyone been able to get their 7120 to scan through a wired network? If so, how?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

7 REPLIES 7

GGMan
Apprentice

I still can't get scanning to work on the network using a Mac (network scanning on Windows is fine). Only USB works. I'm wondering why Canon product support isn't responding to this post. Is it because their Mac driver doesn't support network scanning?

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following adjustment to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Click the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX from the Canon Utilities listing in Applications.

2.  In the next screen, make sure that the network version of the printer is selected rather than 'Do not use'.  The network version will have a long set of numbers next to it.

3.  Click 'Scan-From-Operation-Panel-Settings'.

4.  A new window should appear, make sure that the printer is checked and click OK.

5.  Click OK to exit the utility.

Once this is complete, perform the following:

1.  Open the Application folder.

2.  Open Canon Utilities.

3.  Open the IJ Scan Utility.

4.  Once open, click the 'Settings' button at the bottom right.

5.  Select the 'General Settings' tab on the upper left.  This icon resembles a few tools.

6.  In the 'Product Name' dropdown menu, select the Network Scanner.

7.  Click OK at the bottom.

Once complete, attempt to scan from the IJ Scan Utility using the Photo or Document buttons.  Then try scanning from the operator panel of the printer.

If additional assistance is needed, please visit the following link to contact our support group.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This worked for my MG 6350.

I am having the same exact problem. I do not have the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX anywhere. Is it an option with the complete driver/software download? I cant find it anywhere.

Pleaew advise

Hi

I am using MG5350, with a cable, will not scan to mac os x

Message 'set PC to start scanning'

Mark

resolved my issue. eas literally all about upgrading to mavericks...

also, there was a firmware update in printer last week.

IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is not showing in my folder so where do I download it ?

Announcements