cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG565 error Code 1003 (There is no paper)

Boombas
Apprentice

Brought my Pixma MG5650 in July and all was well running on my iMac

However it now refuses to take in any type of paper and i get the error message MG565 error Code 1003 (There is no paper)

If I gently push the top sheet it will take it ok, but I don't fanct having to manually feed every sheet in all the time.

I have all the latest firm & software installed and have carried out every cleaning function.

Any Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Tash
Apprentice

Me too but on 7 month old MG6450 (UK edition?). Intermittent error at first solved by just pulling out paper tray and then pushing it back in. Then error always on first print after power up. Then error before every print. Now error all the time.

Taking it back to retailer. 

I presently own a Pixma 3620 printer.  It was replaced under warranty by canon from a Pixma 3520 after I had the same problem with 2 different 3520 printers.   My 3620 worked fine for a couple of months with very little usage. Then the same problem with error 1003 kept popping up..

Canon rep. (very nice and helpful) had no solution other than to say it was a lower end product.   I was out of warranty now, so out of luck.   On a quest to figure it out,  I was holding the printer on its side to look inside and see what was happening when I pressed print.  To my surprise, it grabbed the paper.  When I keep the printer flat, it works a page or two but then I get the error 1003.  So I put it back on its side at an angle of about 45 degrees and it works perfectly.    Don't understand why, but those of you who have the same problem,  try it. It just may work for you too.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements