cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5522 scanner issue

Dan47
Apprentice

I have re-installed the software for my MG5522 hoping that the scanner would work, unfortunalty I am still recieving the message" Scanning cannot be performed unless the size or resolution is reduced to 21000 x 30000 pixels or less and the data size is 1.8 GB or less." Im not exactly sure what this means, it appears when nothing is in the scanner, I am not even able to see an overview. I have all software/firmware updated also.

4 REPLIES 4

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hi Dan47!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

im on  a mac osX 10.6

I also have a Tv as a monitor, not sure how that would effect a scanner that is seperate...but why not.  I ahve also adjusted the resolution of the computer and Tv with no luck in terms of succsesfuly scanning.  

Ramona
Authority

Hi Dan47,

Adjusting the scan resolution in the scanner driver may allow you to scan successfully.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Launch the IJ Scan Utility program.

2. In the toolbar that opens, please click on the SCANGEAR button. The ScanGear window should open.

3. Click on the ADVANCED MODE tab.

4. In the OUTPUT SETTINGS section, look for the drop down box that relates to Output Resolution, then click the drop-down arrow to select the 300 dpi resolution.

5. Click the green SCAN button to scan the item at the set resolution.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements