cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5320 doesn't print at all

jmahun
Contributor

My MG5320 was working fine for over a year, now it doesn't print at all. When I send a print job, the printer goes through all the motions, sounds like it's printing, and ejects the paper, but it's blank. I've put in new cartridges (a few times), run the nozzle clean and deep clean but none of that helps. Have downlaoded and installed the latest drive,  removed and cleaned the print head (using distilled water) and still no printing.

I've hooked it up via usb connection to three different computers (Mac, Win 7, Win XP) and it behaves the same. It scans OK just doesn't print. There's no error code.

Any idea what is going on?

42 REPLIES 42

I agree MarkUK! If canon really cares they would post the solution & perhaps even reubtain some of their lost customers! I can believe this company would continue to produce a product that has such a common failure! Clearly support cant help! The really sad thing is that i only used my printer a few times before it died! What a waste of $$!!!

Yes. They have a very good product apart from this fatal flaw. I am discovering that my Epson is not nearly so versatile and is a pig when I need to change the cartridges.  Also you cannot remove the print head to clean it as you can with the Canons.

If I was confident that Canon had identified this problem and sorted it, I would go back.

Originally I was going to ignore this and just go buy a new printer after reading how many people are having the same problem.  MG5320 printing blank pages.  I decided to add myself to the thread so everyone can see how many people are having the issue with no resolution from Cannon except send it in to be repaired.  There has to be a better solution.  Much cheaper to buy another printer, and like many of you I will be buying another brand this time. 

It was time because the printer carteidges are among the most expensive out there.

Blav1300

Dear Canon,

Can we assume from your silence that you just want us all to buy Brother printers as many commenters have recommended? Why don't you just give us the answer here, so we can keep giving Canon money instead of switching over to customer service that actually cares about us customers and solving our frustrations?

Peace out.

CarrieH
Apprentice
Oh great. Just happened to me. First day of new college semester. Printed class schedule last night and this morning the printer died apparently. Did every single thing that would be necessary. New cartridges, deep clean etc etc etc. Not an idiot here. We've got a computer programmer in the house. Just went through a dead MacBook Pro recall that took a year for Apple to resolve. Oh well. Off to the store tonight at 8pm after school to buy something else.

Hi, CarrieH!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is an urgent matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for responding, Danny.

My MG5320 has quit printing in the same manner as is described here. New ink, everything sounds fine when I try to print, no warning so it must be returning good status.  I bought two of these printers at the same time a couple years ago. The first one died about a year ago with an error message like "Catastrophic  Failure" and that it had to go to a Canon site for repair. I threw it in the garbage.  This one has lasted since and now it is going in the garbage as well.

I am a sophisticated user. I've been a sw developer for 5 years at IBM and 7 years at Microsoft and am a sw architect at a fortune 100 computer manufacturor today.  These machines are under an extremely light duty-cycle and should have lasted decades like my last printer - an old HP I bought in 1997. Canon printers are an epic fail.

I will never purchase another Canon product again. If asked I will advise anyone to avoid Canon products.

This is very upsetting!  I have the same problem.  I've Deep Cleaned the heads twice, then following instruction on the Web, took out the printing head and rinsed it in warm water, dried it and replaced it.  Still nothing but blank pages.   This problem it seems has been going on for years and I see no satisfactory answer except to buy a new machine.  Shame on you Canon!

Hi Rosie

It is extremely frustrating and buried in the firmware and nothing to do with the actual jets.  I was so angry I went straight out an bought an Epson.. Bad choice. After you are used to a Canon and how easy it is to use it did not work for me.. and the jets kept blocking.. you cannot take the head out to clean.. and they DO NOT like third party inks at all. So, scrapped that as well and back to Canon and hope they have sorted the problem.

Announcements