cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5320 Disassembly

GregJ7
Apprentice

I have been happy with my Canon printers over the years (I'm on my 3rd one). I had my previous canon printer apart and successfully reassembled many times. Now I have a MG5320 which I bought new, but is no longer under warranty. I turned it over to shake something loose and a waste ink absorber got loose and has caused my carriage to be locked into place. I removed the rear right two screws and have discovered that disassembly is different than in my previous printer. I'm not going to pay a technician to reseat an ink absorber. If I have to buy another printer because of this, it sure won't be a Canon. Where can I get the documentation that shows the disassembly process?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

HI GregJ7,

We do not have disassembly instructions for the printer; we recommend having the unit looked at by a service facility  to have the waste ink absorber reseated.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I understand Canon's position well. I will be purchasing a non-Canon printer to resolve my problem.

Announcements