Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

MG3620 Won't Wake Up with new print job

Just installed new PIXMA MG3620;  Running Windows 10pro with a Cisco-Linksys E900 wireless n300 Router.

Works fine until the printer goes to sleep or auto turns off.  then when a new print job is submitted, it does not wake up (like the description says it is supposed to do).  I have to go over to the printer, turn it on, wait a minute or so, then the queued-up print jibs startr to print.

Did I set up something wrong, is there a way to disable "sleep mode", or is this a feature that is described wrong in the literature?

Do I have to live with this?   It's kind of a nuisance when using laptop from other end of the house...

New Contributor

Re: MG3620 Won't Wake Up with new print job

I have the same problem. The quick setup quide says to check the online user manual for instructions for it to wake up but I can't find the information in that guide. If you find it, will you please let me know?

New Contributor

Occasional Contributor

dc9guy wrote:

I have the same problem. The quick setup quide says to check the online user manual for instructions for it to wake up but I can't find the information in that guide. If you find it, will you please let me know?

OK, I will.   I did figure out how to disable sleep/auto-pwr-off mode. So that's what I have done.  Haven't had a problem since.   But still, it's not supposed to be that way.

Occasional Contributor

dc9guy wrote:
I just found the answer. Read this link: http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/UG/ug_changing_settings0970.html

I'll give it a try.  Man, this printer is complicated - so many buttons - seems like features like this should be accessible from a control panel or dashboard on the computer (that's how I was able to get it to never go to sleep (or auto-power-off)), but I can live with it.  It was a very inexpensive printer and it works very well for the cost.

Thank's for helping me out.

Occasional Contributor

dc9guy wrote:
I just found the answer. Read this link: http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/UG/ug_changing_settings0970.html

I haven't tried it yet, been too busy to re-enable auto-power-down mode. I believe it since it's from the manual.