cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3520 Won't print on labels

samanthaboyd42
Apprentice

My Canon MG 3520 will not print on labels. I have tried using a pdf and a word document. It just flashes the orange light beside the triangle whenever I try. This model does not have a screen so I can't tell what's wrong. I'm using Mac OS X if that helps. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pharmaone
Apprentice
An easy hack that worked fo me is to peel the top stickers off. The ones on the Avery sheet that aren’t actual labels. The paper then will feed into the printer and print on the label paper. 😉

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, samanthaboyd42!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know how many times the light flashes (i.e. it blinks 4 times, pauses, blinks 4 times, pauses, etc...). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

It flashes 22 times, pauses, and flashes 22 times again.

Hi samanthaboyd42, and thanks for that information.

22 alarm flashes indicate that the paper has been fed aligned to one side.

Load the paper into the center of the front tray, then align the paper guides with the edges of the paper.
Press the printer's Start button to dismiss the error.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

pharmaone
Apprentice
An easy hack that worked fo me is to peel the top stickers off. The ones on the Avery sheet that aren’t actual labels. The paper then will feed into the printer and print on the label paper. 😉

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HACK! YOU JUST SAVE THE DAY, 5 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!! The Avery labels say they have "SureFeedTM" technology but removing them did the trick!!!

THANK YOU! The peeling the non-label bits off the top of the label page worked after YEARS my failing to print any Avery labels on my Canon MG5520 – all other tips from Canon and elsewhere failed to get past the errors and jams. Cheers!

Thanks for this help on the MG5500. This was also an issue with this model. So much for Avery's Sure Feed labels. Just remove the special lead edge and it prints. Go figure???

Genius. Clearly the black printing on those front stickers are throwing off the sensors. Nice fix!!!

Announcements