cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3120 - print alignment issue

marcelor73
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a MG3120 multifunction printer and I have an issue I haven't been able to solve.

- On every printed page (from any source, i.e., Web, word docs, etc) the printing doesn't start until about 1.5 inches down the page. I have ran through the head alignment and i thought the step where you place the printed page in the scanner would resolve the issue, since the scanner should "see" that the alignment arrow on the upper corner is about 1.5 inches down the page. It's almost as if it's feeding the page too far before starting to print.

Any ideas??? Any suggestion is welcome, as my next step is to get rid of it.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

KDef
Enthusiast
Can I check your wording?

If you look at your printed page, is the top margin at 1.5in, or is it the bottom margin?

The larger bottom margin is normal and part of the was the 2000 and 3000 series printers work.

There shouldn't be an issue with top margins though and would lead me to believe it's a software issue. You're able to make a copy of a document without this margin at the top (if this is the case)?

marcelor73
Apprentice
It's at the top. It doesn't matter if I'm printing or making a copy. At some there was a paper jam, and now the printing doesn't start till about 1.5 inches down the page.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements