cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3100 printer/scanner. Cannot auto scan using the Canon Solution Menu Ex

NROY
Apprentice

I have been using a canon MG3100 printer/scanner for a while now. However, I cannot scan using the Solution Menu Ex software. An error message reads : Cannot scan for these reasons; Scanner is turned off-USB is disconnected, with an error code 5,156,61.

I can print using wi-fi and I can scan by going to Menu>Devices and Printers and right clicking on the printer icon.

I have noticed in preferences, in the Canon solution menu, it shows printer: MG3100 series printer WS.    Scanner: MG3100 series (no WS).

How can I get the scanner on line to read MG3100 WS ???

Thanks for any help.

19 REPLIES 19

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello NROY.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the MP Navigator on your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu.

2.  Click Preferences.

3.  In the Product dropdown menu, select the Network version of the printer. 

4.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning from the MP Navigator to test the connection.  If this is successful, open the Solution Menu and try scanning from the program as well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your help Michael, however, When I go to the product drop down box, it does not show the network version of the printer. Now what can I try ?

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello NROY

If the network option is not available, the drivers may have to be uninstalled and reinstalled.  Please perform the following:

1.  Click Start and open the Control Panel.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MG3100/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, please visit our website at the following link to download and install the latest MP Driver for the unit.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_print...

Once the unit has been reinstalled wirelessly, try scanning from the MP Navigator again.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this particular issue.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i have installed the latest MP driver, but i have no such thing as MP Navigator. I can print, but I can't scan.

this does not work on windows 7

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi NROY,

The MP Navigator application as well as any other applications can be downloaded from our website.  CLICK HERE!

the programs do not work on my windows 7

Hello drgoldman,

What happens when you try to scan?  Do you have any specific error messages?

pushing scan button on scanner does not do a thing and there is no other option for scanning from computer since mp program or what ever you call it works on windows 7. I tried downloading the software 6 times and it keeps telling me to add software for the mg3120. the software link is giving me bad files

Announcements