09-11-2017 02:40 PM
I installed a new print cartridge last wednesday. worked great. tried to print friday. got flashing light on color ink. held the button expecting it would recognize there was ink and force the print job. nothing. hold button. nothing.
changed setting to print in just b/w via grayscale. nothing. wont print. troubleshooter says an existing print job is preventing my job from printing. cleared the queue. tried a new print. nothing.
Not really sure where to go from here. return the hardware or what?
Pls respond asap. thanks
09-12-2017 09:20 AM
resetting your PIXMA MG3029 may resolve this error. Please follow these steps:
1. With your PIXMA MG3029 powered on, open the cover. The ink will move to the replacement position.
2. Push down on the cartridge locking lever on the black ink cartridge.
3. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
4. Push down on the cartridge locking lever on the color ink cartridge.
5. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
6. Once both cartridges are removed, unplug the power cord from the back of your PIXMA MG3120 (without turning it off).
7. Reconnect the power cord.
8. Turn your PIXMA MG3029 on.
9. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the left hand side.
10. Make sure the orange cap is off of the bottom of the black cartridge.
11. Place the black cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
12. Lift up on the cartridge locking lever, a clicking noise should be heard.
13. Make sure the orange cap is off of the bottom of the color cartridge.
14. Place the color cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
15. Lift up on the cartridge locking lever, a clicking noise should be heard.
Close the cover. Your PIXMA MG3029 should make some noise for a few moments, and then return to standby.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: