cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2920 Printing Issue

Clangador
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MG2920 problem. When I print a normal page it won't print a small part of the bottom of the page. I have to print at 93% to get it to print a whole page.

12 REPLIES 12

I had the same issue with my MG2520. I finally realized it was a hardware issue not software or OS when I saw the yellow LED blinking on the Printer. There must be some shortcoming in the printer hardware so the firmware is programmed to block the use of 8.5x11 photo paper. However the printer doesn't know if you have Photo Paper or regular paper loaded in the tray. It's the software telling the printer what paper is loaded. So I just specified regular 8.5x11 letter size paper but actually loaded 8.5x11 Photo Paper. Hit the print button and out comes the picture printed on 8.5x11 glossy photo paper! There's probably some compromise in quality but it looks OK to me.

Thanks Nightbreaker.  When I can get over to my customer's house I will see if we can try that.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I wonder, might there be a firmware update that can be done??  And, how to do it?

garthmicro
Contributor

I have a customer with an MG2920 and she likes to print 4"x6" photos.  When she sets her printer to print a full page 4"x6" photo for some reason it does not fill the the photo paper properly.  It always leave a little space on one end.  The printer was installed using Canon software.  Any suggestions??  

Announcements