cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5220 Printed Documents have blotches of missing text.

Schnekser
Contributor

I use aftermarket ink cartridges since the PIXMA 5220 was new. Recently I started to see print issues where strips of text would not print out or irregular sized blotches of missing print. While irregular in size, they stay consistent in location through any number of printed forms/documents.  I deep cleaned, cleaned the rollers numerous times, cleaned the bottom tray, aligned the print head and cleaned the nozzles. The printing issues occur whether using the network or from a PC connected by ethernet cable. This occurs when I print from either of our two computers.  This does not occur when PDFs are printed, when nozzle check forms are printed, or when copies are made.  I'm think this is a SW/FW issue.  If I try to print a paper I've generated in Word as a Word document, I get the blotches (consistently in the same place on the paper).  If I save the same document as a PDF and then print, everything comes out perfectly.  If I place a document on the platen and hit "copy," the copy is perfect with no blotches.

I even broke out an older Canon copier (i960), and had no trouble printing Word documents with that one.

I've exchanged several emails with Canon support and mostly they've directed me to clean nozzles, the Encoder Film and to do so again.  Finally today I got am email from them that said I need to seek service from a Canon service center or buy a new copier.  This copier is just over a year old.  It's clear that Canon is stumped.  Is there anyone out there who might have experienced this problem and found resolution?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Schnekser,

When the nozzle check pattern printed from the printer, did it look like the image below, including the black grid at the top above the colors as shown in (1)?

We look forward to hearing from you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

When the nozzle check pattern is printed, there are no gaps and the black grid has no spaces.  It looks like the (A) example.  Thanks for asking. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements