cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF Toolbox setup program freezes and does not complete

zonqueur
Apprentice

Hello

I'm trying to re-install the MF Toolbox on my computer after a (painful) uninstall and no matter what I try, the setup program just freezes at the beginning.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit

MF4770n Multi-function

I am an adminstrator on my PC.

I tried running the program setup.exe in administrator mode. No success

I tried running the program in "selective startup" as per other posts. No success

The drivers install without problems.

All I get is this screen:

mft.png

I need my scanner. I'm out of resources...

Help please.

10 REPLIES 10

gplosker
Apprentice

Tried to install MF Toolbox for a new imageCLASS MF229dw and cannot get the scanner to work.  I am able to install the basic software - - and the printer works.

[Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF229dw/MF227dw MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear)

File Name: MF220_Series_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN.exe

However, I cannot get install the MF Toolbox - getting the error message "Installation has been interrupted" 

I am able to download the Tool Box file (shown below) from the Canon USA site and extract - however, when I run the setup.exe file I get the error message.

[Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf17

File Name: ToolBox_4911mf17_Win_EN.exe

The Network Scan Utility doesn't work either, as I think it requires MF Toolbox in order to work.

I spent over two hours on the phone with Canon support today, including talking with a senior network tech and they cannot get it to work either.  The telephone support group tried many things including:  deleting the installed software and trying fresh downloads, disabling the security software, trying different "Start Up Modes" via MSCONFIG.

None of this worked. They recommended I then contact Microsoft and/or Dell (the computer manufacturer) for further assistance. I'm hoping someone on this Community Board can advise. Any ideas out there?

Announcements