cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 220 software save as

MercyEMS
Apprentice

We've just received an LiDE 220 scanner to replace a borrowed LiDE110.  We use this to scan one or more documents into a multi-page PDF file, and then attach the resulting file to it's matching report..  We do multiple reports a day, and all the supporting documentation is sorted and scanned before processing the documents, which includes attaching them to the individual reports.

The 110 comes with MP Navigator EX, where we did a custom scan, set the filename to match the report, then saved a multi-page PDF.   While the scanner is considerably slower (and the owner wanted it back), it was easy to set the filename when saving it.

The 220 (lots faster) comes with Canon's IJ Scan Utility.  During configuration you specify part of a file name (IMG), and when scanning it'll save the file as IMGnn.  Since there's no relationship between IMGnn and the actual report number matching them is not very easy.

IJ Scan can open an application when done scanning for viewing the image, and defaults to Adobe Reader for PDFs.  Adobe Reader has a Save As option which will allow setting the name, but the original IMGnn is still left and has to be manually deleted.  When handling a large daily volume of reports it also adds extra, unnecessary time to each report,.

This seems like a step backwards - IMG123  (or ANYTHINGnnn) isn't a very descriptive name, and we can't be the only ones that want to use easily identifiable names.  Is there a way to save files with individualy specified names with the Canon supplied software, or a way to make MP Navigator recogize this new Canon scanner?

Also, there's no scanner specific area in this forum, a bit odd with the number of scanners Canon sells.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi MercyEMS,

The MP Navigator program that cames with the CanoScan LiDE110 is not compatible with the CanoScan LIDE 220; the IJ Scan Utility will need to be used for scanning.

The text "IMG" is automatically appended to the filenames of items scanned with IJ Scan Utility (along with the current date and sequential number of the scan); you can change the "IMG" text to some other text by just selecting it and typing over it in the FILE NAME field of the SAVE SETTINGS section on the CUSTOM SCAN tab of the IJ Scan Utility if needed prior to scanning.  If you want to eliminate or change the date and sequential number appended to the filename, this would need to be done manually after the file was scanned and saved.  There is not a way to eliminate or change this data prior to scanning.

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Vinbu
Apprentice

Hi,

I am also having a similar issue. I have had a 210 for years, but recently had to upgrade to a 220. I hate the IJ Utility software for the 220, and I REALLY wish there was a way to use the MP Navigator. It was so fast and simple!

I honestly cannot even figure out how to scan multiple images, edit them, and save them as 1 file at all--much less as quickly and efficiently as I could with MP Navigator.

Did you ever come up with a solution to your issue??

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Vinbu,

From the IJ Scan Utility, click Settings.  Next, go to the Scawngear tab and change the Data Format to "PDF Multiple Pages" and click OK.

Once this has been done, use the Scangear option to preview and edit each page before scanning them to a multi-paged PDF file.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mickschmit
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  Unfortunately, this is a deal breaker with me and I will be returning this scanner.

Announcements