cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make my Canon PIXMA MX922 Stop cleaning itself after every single print I do?

PetesPanels
Apprentice

My cannon MX922 CONSTANTLY cleans itself after every single print that I do if I don't catch it within the first 60 seconds. After I print something I have a 60 second window to print something else or it will go into this 5 minute long cleaning cycle. If I change modes (ie: from copy to scan) It instantly rolls into another cleaning cycle.

Not only is it looking for EVERY opportunity to waste my inks,  but it also wastes my time if I'm in a hurry!!!! (Thank God I buy the refill kits from China, otherwise I'd have to open a savings account just for "official approved brand" ink)

Is there some way I can stop the auto cleaning cycle, or increase the time before it falls into it's cycle? Or can you guys work on a firmware update that calms this OCD printer down??? I understand that all printer companies have a deal with inking companies and it's a great tactic to get the general user to have to buy ink BY THE TON but this is ridiculous!

Please fix this. I really enjoy the quality that Cannon makes, don't ruin my opinion of you by getting money hungry and designing things that are made to fail from the get go. Your just going to frustrate your customer base, and you'll be known for being just as sheisty as "Brother" brand printers.

19 REPLIES 19

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

A technical support representative will be able to go over the functions of the printer.  Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Any word on this?  I really hate wasting ink.

Thanks.

Hello mjshort!

If you're having this issue, we ask that you contact our award-winning US-based technical support team for troubleshooting. They're available by phone or email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon 

Have a great day!

This is not an issue, it's a fact with canon.
My iP7250 behaviour is the same.

For example to print two words 'print test' turning on 15s of print head movement, press print starts a further 60s + of print head movement. Then when turning off the printer immediately after printing the two words, the printer then starts again with the print head movement for 50s with a further 10-15s of light flashing.

So to print two small words it takes over two minutes? Head cleaning clearly is a requirement, but every time the printer is turned on and off, and may I add if the printer is left on and unused for a short time the head movement/cleaning begins again......grr

There, of corse, is no "contact us" link below. If there is anyone actually in your printer "support group", I need to know how to stop all the "cleaning". 

Yeah and look at the age of this feed.  They have been aware of consumer upset since 2015 on this issue and chose to ignore the situation.  Shame on them!  

mjshort
Contributor

Please post what the solution was.  My printer seems to clean the head too often too.

There IS NO solution.   It is deliberate.  This happens on my printer as well.   The less often you use your printer the more times it will do a print head cleaning cycle.   This is designed to force infrequent users to purchase more expensive ink from canon.  

DagCanon
Apprentice

I have the same issue, constantly cleaning after a single sheet job is completed. I haven't seen any response from Canon on this subject yet. What if any is the solutiion

Announcements