cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink details cannot be displayed ERROR

elforbo1987
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX459 and it will not display ink levels. I tried printing a paper recently and it printed in BW despite my printer saying my color cartrige was full. I also checked the printer settings and BW was not selected for printing.

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Check to make sure that genuine Canon cartridges are being used with the printer.  Errors can occur if Non-Canon ink or refilled cartridges are used.

If the error persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using Canon ink and i got the printer to print color but cartridges still will not display on screen. They do show on the printers small screen though.

Hello,

Please try installing the latest drivers from the DRIVERS section of the webpage for the printer on the Canon USA website here, and the My Printer and Quick Menu programs from the SOFTWARE section of the webpage to see if this will resolve the issue.  Should the issue continue, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements