cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink cartridge not recognized

marcellcolon
Apprentice
Hello. I just changed cartridges in a Pixma MG7720. Now the printer displays the support code 1750 (Appropriate ink tank is not installed) for four of the six cartridges. The light on them will not come on since I put them in. They are all OEM and not re-filled. I tried removing and putting back on, switching on and off the machine, even cleaning the print head and nothing. Any light someone might shed on what might be going on? Thank you
15 REPLIES 15

Ramona
Authority

Hi marcellcolon,

In addition to removing and reseating the ink tanks, please also remove the print head from the printer and then reseat both the print head and ink tanks in the unit by following the steps located here to see if this will resolve the error.  If the error continues, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative for further assistance by entering your product name and selecting a support method here.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just bought a new printer. When I replaced Cyan, I received support code 1750. So I followed the instructions and the cyan cartridge did not light up. 

I  think that going though the print head routine is a bit unreasonable considering this is a brand new printer.

I tried everything and cant get my conon to recognize the print cartridge. I have a MG5720 and just replaced the heads for the first time and keep getting the 1750 error. Please help 

I had the same 1750 error as others when I put in new ink cartridges.  Your response was to remove the printhead and reset it.  However, there is no lever on my computer MG7720 to remove the printhead.  Everything online speaks of a lifting a grey lever to the right of the cartridges.  I have no lever grey or any other color.  What can I do?  Thank you.

Lindybud
Apprentice
My canon mg7750 is giving me error 1750 with brand new canon cartridges.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a TS6120, bought October 2018
I just replaced all 5 of the cartridges with brand new Canon PIXMA cartridges, and I get support code 1660: "The following ink tanks cannot be recognized" (all of them).
I reset then 4 times , they all click in normally, but I still cannot print because I keep getting the same message.

What do I do?  My first option should not be to throw away this relatively new printer.

Thank you 

Error 1750 on a Pixma mg7720. I have reseated the printhead multiple times and tried everything else I could find on the web. These are new tanks purchased from Staples. I even replaced the old tanks and they are now rejected. I have been to the manual that offers no help at all. The "STOP" button is not active when the error message is present. So do I have to trash over $100 in new tanks and the printer and go back to HP?

Hi clifparkbj,

The 1750 error indicates "Printing cannot be executed because the ink tank is not compatible with this machine".

In your message you stated that you purchased new ink tanks from Staples.

Are you using genuine Canon ink tanks in your PIXMA MG7720?  3rd party ink tanks can cause this error to occur.

Please replace the ink tanks in your PIXMA MG7720 with genuine Canon ink tanks.

Announcements