Did you mean: 

Ink Install error message

pchumbley
Apprentice

how do I ask a question?

3 REPLIES 3

pchumbley
Apprentice

Getting an error message on the install of PGI-270XL on my Canon Pixma MG6821. How do I override error message1681

Hi pchumbley,

The 1681 error is an indication that more than one ink tank of the same type has been installed:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG6800%20series/EN/ERR/1681.html

Please make sure the following ink tanks are installed in your PIXMA MG6821:

CLI-271M  magenta
CLI-271BK  black
CLI-271Y  yellow
PGI-270PGBK  black
CLI-271C  cyan

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've been having a similar problem, but not quite identical.  My printer has a single flashing red light on the black ink cartridge (only).  I have recently replaced the ink in all three colors and the regular black ink cartridge.  I have been able to peform a deep cleaning, and made the printer print out a nozzle check which looks fine.  But when I go to print, my computer's printer dialogue tells me that the printer thinks it is low on "toner/ ink", and after a minute or so, the print job vanished from the computer and nothing gets printed, nor does an error appear.

The key there was nothing gets printed.  Unless it prints, the printer is useless to me.  However, I think I have discovered the culprit.  After spending several days trying different "Hold this button, release that button, turn around three times and say Bob Jones five time", etc., to no avail, it looks like the program sending the print job, Adobe Illustrator, may have been the problem the whole time.  It never said it was experiencing an error, it just sent the print job to the printer, and when nothing happened, it shrugged and went right back to doing what it was doing.  No warning, no notification of a problem, just nothing getting printed. 

I was certain this problem had to do with the cartridges, because one of them IS blinking, and my computer IS telling me that the printer is low on ink (which it is not), and I recently refilled all of the cartridges with my own ink, which I know Canon would prefer I not do.  BUt despite all this, I don't think the printer was the thing holding me up.  I am now 98% certain it was Illustrator, completely separate from the printer, which was the source of my endless woes!  Now I know.  Yeesh.

Announcements