11-13-2016 08:17 PM
I recently purchased an MG3620 and I can't seem to setup the printer using the wireless connection. The printer is not being found on the network. When I press and hold the wireless button (per on screen instructions) the on button does not flash once as it says it should on the screen. Can anyone help?
11-15-2016 11:51 AM
To set up your PIXMA MG3620 for wireless use with your Windows 10 computer, please follow these steps:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MG3620 in the "Enter a Model" box and click the GO.
3. Under Recommended, please click the "Select" button next to the MG3600 series Full Driver & Software Package.
4. If you agree, please select the check box next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
5. Click the Download button.
6. If a Save As box appears, click Save.
To install your PIXMA MG3620 for wireless use, please follow these steps:
1. If the Wi-Fi lamp on your PIXMA MG3620 is flashing, press the STOP button.
2. Hold down the Wi-Fi button on your PIXMA MG3620 until the ON lamp start to flash and then release the Wi-Fi button.
3. Press the COLOR button.
4. Press the Wi-Fi button. The Wi-Fi lamp should now be blinking quickly and the ON lamp should be on.
5. Back on your computer, open your Downloads folder.
6. Double click [win-mg3600-1_0-jucd.exe]. Files will extract.
Follow the prompts to install your PIXMA MG3620 for wireless use and the installation will complete.
If you would like to see the step by step process of setting up your PIXMA MG3620, please click the following link:
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
09-13-2017 05:34 PM
im having same problem. i just recently got new modem with new id and password.
i use macbook
hope someone can help soon...as I am in urgent need to getting printer to work.
i followed the instructions from pamphlet.
1. turn printer on
2. press wifi til on button flashes
3. press colour
but then what?
09-13-2017 05:41 PM
Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!
The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.
If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.
If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.
We hope this helps!
12-08-2017 01:02 AM
We can initialize the machine settings to set the network settings back to the default, then re-enable the wireless setting of the printer and reinstall the drivers to see if this will resolve the issue. To do this, please follow these steps from the printer:
1. Press and hold the STOP button and release it when the Alarm lamp flashes 21 times. This will initialize the machine settings.
2. Next, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.
3. Once the printer comes back on, please press and hold the Wi-Fi button, then release it when the ON lamp flashes.
4. Press the COLOR button, then the Wi-Fi button in this order. The wireless LAN setting of the printer is now enabled.
Once the wireless LAN setting is enabled, we can reset the printing system on your Mac to remove any prior files relating to the printer, then reinstall the printer using the latest drivers from the Canon USA website. To reset the printing system, please follow these steps:
1. Choose APPLE MENU > SYSTEM PREFERENCES, then click PRINTERS & SCANNERS.
2. Hold down the CONTROL key as you click in the list at the left, then choose RESET PRINTING SYSTEM from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences should be empty. If your printer is still listed on the left select your printer and then click the minus (-) button to delete it.
3. Restart your Mac.
Once the printing system has been reset, we will want to download and install the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website. Please click here to go to the PIXMA MG3620 Drivers and Downloads page. Once on the page, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.
2. Next, below the red box labeled DRIVERS, locate the CUPS DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear; please click on that button to begin the file download.
3. Once you have downloaded CUPS DRIVERS file, please also download all other items from the DRIVERS section of the webpage, and the IJ SCAN UTILITY (not lite version) and CANON IJ NETWORK TOOL from the SOFTWARE section of the webpage.
Once all items have been downloaded, please double-click on each of the items on your Mac to install them in the following order:
IJ Scan Utility
Canon IJ Network Tool
If you have any antivirus or firewall software installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them prior to installing the drivers and software, as these programs can sometimes prevent the driver files from installing successfully. Once all files are installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.
Once all items have been reinstalled, please restart your Mac and attempt to print. Should you run into difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.
03-20-2018 11:26 PM
05-04-2018 02:26 PM
To set up your PIXMA MG3620 for wireless use iwth your iPhone, please follow the steps in this PDF: