cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just unboxed my pixma mx922 and I keep getting the error code 6000. I've only unboxed it.

bikerblue
Apprentice

I just unboxed my printer, took all the paper and plastic off it and have plugged it in a few times and I keep getting this error.  I have done nothing at all to the printer and just keep getting this error code.  Please help me figure this out.  

Now it shows error 6001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi jamesbreneman,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello bikerblue,

The 6001 error is a generic internal error code.  Unfortunately, it could mean one of many things.  To resolve the 6001 error, please follow the following steps:

1.  Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2.  Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).

3.  Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.

3-1.  If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

3-2.  If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4.  If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.

5.  Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions.  Remove any if found.

6.  Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

7.  Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

8.  Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

9.  Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

If the above procedure does not resolve the 6001 error, the unit would require service:  http://bit.ly/ContactCanon.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

well no paper in and did all that first it was 6000

now 6001 the ink tanks don't light up does this happen alot with new canon printers 

I thought the member asked a question about Support Code 6000, but the person who answered the question is referring to Code 6001 instead of Code 6000.  Are the those codes referring to the same problem?  I am also getting Code 6000 on my Canon Pixma Mx 922 printer after installed two color catdriges.  First, got Code 5100 and now I am getting Code 6000.  Should I I follow the instructions given here for Code 6001?

Reply did not answer the question:  this is initial setup, first power-on, no printing has occurred, no language selected.

Hi - I have the same problem  - straight out of the box it doesn't work - super disappointing and Canon support is closed. Makes me wish I had stuck with an HP - any way out of this to get the printer set up to see if it actually works? 

I have the same problem, unboxed, plugged power in , turned on as instructed, Error 6000. Followed that instruction and then error 6001. Says to open the paper tray and remove a paper jam???!!! I didn't put any paper in the printer yet, according top the setup directions I have to do a number of things  (like tell it to use English,  put cartridges in,etc.). What's wrong?? or do I simply box it up and send it back to AMAZON and buy an HP printer?

Hi jamesbreneman,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements