cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got the MG5422 and need help. This model does not appear here or anywhere else!

StormKatt
Contributor

I did the best I could with the incredibly poor English to install everything and get it running. It connects to my router with no issues. My laptop is connected to my router. There are no instructions after that. Neither sees the other. Now what? I only get stuck in a loop that says to connect it to the USB cable. IT DOES NOT INCLUDE A USB CABLE!!!!! If it is necessary to operate the machine, why is it not included?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi StormKatt!

The PIXMA MG5422 does not come with a USB cable and I checked, but we do not have these available to send to you or I would.  What you need is a standard A to B USB cable to set this up through a wireless connection.  If you have a WPS enabled router, then you can use one of these to set this up.  What this involves is pressing the WPS button on the router.  If you do not have one of these, a USB cable would be needed.  These are available at your local office supply store. 

Canon made the corporate decision not to include these with their printers.  What I will do is pass your post along to my superiors so they can read about your dissatisfaction with this.

They are also available through our Sales Department.  Our Sales Department can be reached by calling 800-828-4040.  They are open Monday through Sunday from 8AM to 12AM EST (excluding holidays).  Be sure to choose the option to order accessories to ensure you get to the proper department.

If you would like specific instructions on how to set this up with WPS and USB, please reply with the operating system installed on your computer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi StormKatt!

The PIXMA MG5422 does not come with a USB cable and I checked, but we do not have these available to send to you or I would.  What you need is a standard A to B USB cable to set this up through a wireless connection.  If you have a WPS enabled router, then you can use one of these to set this up.  What this involves is pressing the WPS button on the router.  If you do not have one of these, a USB cable would be needed.  These are available at your local office supply store. 

Canon made the corporate decision not to include these with their printers.  What I will do is pass your post along to my superiors so they can read about your dissatisfaction with this.

They are also available through our Sales Department.  Our Sales Department can be reached by calling 800-828-4040.  They are open Monday through Sunday from 8AM to 12AM EST (excluding holidays).  Be sure to choose the option to order accessories to ensure you get to the proper department.

If you would like specific instructions on how to set this up with WPS and USB, please reply with the operating system installed on your computer.

Thank you. I was able to get a cable and get it working. The most frustrating part? I literally had to plug it in for about 5 seconds, then it said to unplug it and hasn't needed it since. What a waste!

Announcements