cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I installed Canon Pixma MG5520, since, always get "canon quick menu has stopped working" how do I fi

thaluza
Apprentice

I installed Canon Pixma MG5520 on win 7, since, always get "canon quick menu has stopped working" how do I fix please?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi thaluza,

We can see if there are files in a folder called TWAIN_32 other than those related to the printer that may be causing a conflict with the Quick Menu. If there are, we can temporarily remove the files to see if this will resolve the issue.

To move the non-Canon Twain files from the Twain_32 folder, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Computer / My Computer and locate the C: drive, then double-click on it to open.

2. Locate the WINDOWS folder, then double-click to open it.

3. Locate the TWAIN_32 folder, then double-click to open it.

4. Inside of the TWAIN_32 folder, you will see a folder for your printer as well as a WIATWAIN.DS file. If there are other files in that folder, you will want to move them to another location, preferably your Desktop by doing the following:

4-1. Click on each of the other items in the folder other than the the WIATWAIN.DS file and the folder for your printer to select them. You will want to hold the the CTRL key on your keyboard while selecting each of the items until all of the items except for the two referenced above are selected. Please be sure to leave the WIATWAIN.DS file and folder related to your printer inside of the TWAIN_32 folder.

4-2. With all of the items you want to move selected, please go to the EDIT menu and select the CUT option.

4-3. Go to your Desktop (main window that comes up when you start Windows with all of the icons on it) and right-click your mouse in any blank area, then choose the PASTE option. The items you selected from the TWAIN_32 folder should appear on the Desktop.

5. Try to launch the Quick Menu again.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements