cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a mg 3200 and it will not pick up the paper for printing

dshuba
Apprentice

I have  new printer mg3200 when I try to print it will not pick up the paper. I hpoe you can help me. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello dshuba!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model in the PIXMA MG3200 series you have (e.g. - MG3220, MG3222, etc.), the operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using, and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I have a Canon mg3222, operating system is windows 7 and using a wireless connection.

Ramona
Authority

Hi dshuba,

To try and resolve the issue, with a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed area of the printer and verify that there are no obstructions in the printer that may be causing the paper not to feed.  Once this has been verified, If the paper still does not feed, performing a roller cleaning may help.  To perform a roller cleaning, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Roller Cleaning

If you still experience the same issue after performing at least three roller cleanings on the printer, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I know this post is a year old now, but I ran into the same problem, and the Roller Cleaning link didn't do the trick, because it wouldn't even pick up a single sheet.  I did, however, manage to clean it a different way.  I looked closely with a flashlight and noted debris on the roller, which was acting as a buffer between the paper and the friction-producing rollers.  They needed to be brushed or rubbed off, but I couldn't reach it, and there was no obvious way to take it apart and access the rollers themselves, so I improvised:

1. I placed a 1"x3"  piece of duct tape longways at the top center of a piece of legal-sized paper, then dabbed a little 409 all purpose on the tape, and placed the paper in the feed tray tape side first, making sure the taped section slid up under the feed rollers.  

2. Then, holding the exposed end of the paper so as to keep it from actually being fed through, i ran b in the maintenance option through a full loop, allowing the roller to rub along the tape and pick up the 409.

3. I then grabbed a half sheet of paper towel and placed it on top of the taped sheet, with the towel flush with the top of the page, and ran the maintenance loop again, clearing off the debris and drying it out some.  Again, holding the exposed end of both the paper and the paper towel.

4. Finally, I flipped the paper towel arround to the dry side, positioning it the same way, and ran one more loop, drying the last of the 409 off the roller, and likely the last of the stubborn debris.

It's clean, it picks up the paper again, and this method doesn't seem likely to damage the surface of the rollers.  Just for thoroughness sake, I ran a final maintenance loop as directed by the link, and since this time it was able to pick up the paper, it went off without a hitch.

Hope this helps!

Lee.

worked! roller cleaning using b etc

Although have to mention that problem started after a sudden paper jam, and clearing jam as instructed on forum wasn't as simple as expected.

b - roller clean worked - after many attempts when still wouldn't pick up/feed paper.

closer inspection using pull down tray at rear (to gently pull paper jam through as instructed on other canon community page) also dislodged one of the 2 small full width black 'toothed' guides/feeders present on either side of rollers at back.

b  would not work until i gently replaced using gentle but definite force on said loose black toothed/comb structure and clipped it back in where it was supposed to be.

then all worked and am back printing nicely/freely.

It would help if the link to b - roller clean was included in the desktop guide/user guide under problem solving. All other issues ie cleaning heads/jets is in there. Having to search via google to find out how to clean rollers wasn't easy at all.

But thank you for linking to the appropriate guide/instructions.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements