cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Pixma MP560 won't print black text.

qualitylady1975
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MP560, I cannot get it to print black text. It prints color with no problem.   All cartridges are full.  When I do the nozzle test, the black ink is barely legible.  I have done multiple deep cleanings but it has not resolved the problem. Do you have any other solutions?  

34 REPLIES 34

communiverse
Apprentice

We had the same problem with the black giving up completely.  Went through all the motions: nozzle check, nozzle clean, deep cleaning, print alignment - which failed a few times.  We also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver.  We checked the price of a new print head, and the price of a new printer, but something told us this wasn't the right solution.  In the end the answer was to thoroughly rinse the print head under running hot water in all directions.  This seems a bit drastic, but stick with it.  Run it from top to bottom, bottom to top, shaking it as well, until the water runs totally clean and there are no more ink drips.  Then carefully pat dry the print head with kitchen paper, taking care not to damage the contacts.  A good suggestion might be to use a hair dryer (on cool) at this point.  This worked for us, and hopefully it might work for you if you have the same problem.

ciprianmp
Apprentice

Well Canon, you certainly have a problem.

Mine is an MX925, it printed all fine in the last 3 years, including last night.

My problem (and I think some of the people here) appeared this morning, but not that the black colour has a problem, but any text.

I noticed white text on some blueish background won't show either.

I did a nozzle check, all colours and patterns are perfectly printed out.

But still, no black text gets out printed. That while any image using black prints fine. Same for any BW copy from the copier glass.

So to conclude, this is a chipset/driver bug, you guys have to fix!

PS1: I am still trying to fix it, gonna reinstall the drivers and remove head/clean the contacts, but nothing makes sense. I think it is either the driver or (God forbid) the Motherboard/Chipset of the printer.

PS2: no, it is not MS Word related either, as I tried WPS Writer for the same doc as well. This is the strangest issue I've ever had with a printer, driving me crazy, guess what - when I needed most my printer to work... Shame.

ciprianmp,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rob-renton
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG5550  It will print all colours but the black prints lines in double every now and again like a shadow. I have tried cleaning and alignment process but none of it makes any difference.  How can I cure the problem?

Hi, rob-renton!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements