03-18-2016 12:29 PM
I have a Canon MX 920 printer . Lately, I am getting the message "Printer not responding". I tried cleaning the palstic string behind the ink cartidges with isopropanol, but that did not help. My printer is connected to the wifi. I am having the same response for my 3 houehold computers. Please advise if you have any solution. Thanks, Sid
03-21-2016 07:11 AM
Uninstalling and reinstalling the network port and printer driver should resolve this issue. To perform the uninstall, please follow these steps:
1. Click on Start, All Programs, PIXMA MX922 and then MP Drivers Uninstaller.
2. Click Execute and follow the prompts to uninstall the PIXMA MX922.
3. Click Start, All Programs, Canon IJ Network Utilities, Canon IJ Network Tool and then on Uninstaller.
4. Click Yes when the confirmation message appears and follow the prompts to uninstall the IJ Network Tool.
5. Click Start, All Programs, Canon IJ Network Utilities, Canon IJ Network Scan Utility and then on Uninstaller.
6. Click Yes when the confirmation message appears and follow the prompts to uninstall the IJ Scan Utility.
7. When the message prompting you to restart your computer is displayed, please click OK.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Press the <Menu> button on your PIXMA MX922.
2. Select Setup and press the <OK> button.
3. Select Device settings and press <OK>.
4. Select LAN settings and press <OK>.
5. Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.
6. Select Other setup and press <OK>.
7. Select Advanced setup and press <OK>.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.
Next, please download the latest driver for your PIXMA MX922:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click the Get Drivers & Downloads button.
3. Under Recommended Downloads, please click the Select button next to the MX920 Mini Master Setup.
4. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
5. Click the Download button.
6. When the Save As box comes up, click Save.
7. Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
8. Double click [mast-win-mx920-1_0-ucd.exe]. Files will extract.
Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.
To view a walk-through of the installation process, please use the following link: