cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX432 blurred printing after paper jam

tvisingardi
Apprentice

I had a paper jam on my MX432 and since then my print is blurred, shadowing, double printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Typically after a paper jam the encoder strip gets dirty. Cleaning it usually resolves this issue. Heres how to check it. If you open up the front where the paper prints, theres a clear strip that goes from left to right (its right above the greasy metal strip). If the strip is dirty (typically with ink smudges), clean with a little bit of water and q-tips. BE GENTLE! And, be sure to UNPLUG the machine before proceeding. After cleaning do a test print to confirm.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

Can't thank you enough for this information.  I have spent the best part of a day trying to work out what is wrong with the printer (which is typically just out of warranty!).  Today was the last 'shot' at it as I felt I couldn't afford to spend any more time on this and my 4 month old was being neglected!  Came across this website and your advice - golden.  Thank you.

advise how you open up the "front where the paper prints."  I'm assuming that is the panel on the lefthand side of the printer.

I'd pressed "clean" four times and "deep clean" three times - and still the same problem.  I was ready to tear all my hair out. Thanks so much! Now my problem has been resolved. 

You did it.  The information helped.  Thanks.

Brilliant, that's sorted my printer out too.  Thank you

Thank you, this sollution fixed my printing problem too. I used isopropyl alcohol along with a dozen Q-tips.  I plan to buy some doctor length Q-tips for easier access.  Adding this preventative maintenance to my list to clean once a month.

Thank you my mum was over the moon as i gave her yourSmiley Very Happy directions, worked a treat x

Thank you thank you thank you! Last minute I decided to Google the problem and voila! Your solution fixed the problem! I was JUST about to order a new printer, annoyed that I seemed to be buying one every year or so ... and hardly use it, but need it, and this fixed it! Good to know!

This fix worked on my MG4250.

Thanks

Works like magic.....Thank you for the instructions to help me fix the blurry printouts!

Announcements