cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can no longer print PDF files that were scanned with the very same MX479 on Windows XP, SP3

Funk4Crunk
Apprentice

I can no longer print PDF files that were scanned with the very same MX479 All-in-One.

I have an (obsolete) Windows XP, SP3 computer.  Obviously, no updates from Microsoft

have occurred that might have impacted my Canon Pixma MX479.

When I attempt to send 1 or more pages from a PDF file to the printer, I don't even get the

Canon PIXMA popup that would allow me to cancel the print job.

Yet the Print Queue icon appears in the lower right corner of my monitor.

If I view the Print Queue, the print queue shows "spooling" and does nothing more.

If I attempt to CANCEL the print job in the Print Queue, it simply changes to "deleting -

spooling".

I cannot cancel the print job that shows NOT RESPONDING via Task Manager, either.

In fact, the only way the Print Queue icon disappears is if I totally reboot my computer!

"Luckily", I can still print e-mails, Word documents, and even my downloaded PDF of my

bank statement.

So, I was thinking that it was *only* PIXMA'S OWN SCANNED PDFS that could not be

printed ON THE SAME PIXMA 479.

However, I have since realized that I also cannot print USPS Signature Proof of Delivery

PDFs that I received from USPS via e-mail.

So why can I print *some* PDF files, but not *all* PDF files, like I previously could do?

THESE SCANS ARE OF LEGAL DOCUMENTS, SO I WILL LIKELY HAVE TO E-MAIL

THE REQUISITE, PREVIOUSLY SCANNED PDFS TO FEDEX TO PAY FOR *THEM*

TO PRINT THEM.

NOTE: I *have* tried turning the PIXMA off, unplugging it, rebooting the computer, plugging

the PIXM in and restarting the PIXMA - still no ability to print PIXMA-scanned PDFs.

And, I find it very strange that e-mails, Word documents, and some other PDFs print with

no problem "around" "NOT RESPONDING" PIXMA print jobs.

I have owned Canon printers for years, including the MX420, and the MX340.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you trying to print all PDFs through Adobe Reader?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, but *all* my PDFs come up through Adobe Reader.

So, why do some print (but not USPS SIgnature Proof of Delivery), but *none* of the PDF scans that were created with the same MX479 machine?

100% of my print attempts hang at "spooling" and then when "cancelled" hang at "deleting - spooling" FOREVER, until I reboot the computer.

There may be some security issues related to the USPS PDFs.

http://www.certified-mail-envelopes.com/signatures-usps-certified-mail-return-receipt-requested

I can't help with the scan/print problem. You seem to have done everything I would try.

I don't know if maybe using a registry cleaner would help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements