04-11-2015 04:04 PM
I am getting a "The scanner driver supported by this software is not installed." error. I have a Canon MP 160 printer running on a Windows 7 64-bit PC. I have installed the mpnwin303ea22.exe. Please advise.
04-15-2015 12:40 AM - edited 04-15-2015 12:47 AM
We recommend uninstalling the current drivers and MP Navigator program, then reinstalling them to try and resolve the issue. To uninstall the current printer drivers and MP Navigator from your computer, please follow these steps:
1. Go to your START menu, and CONTROL PANEL.
2. Select the UNINSTALL A PROGRAM option under the PROGRAMS section.
3. Locate your PIXMA MP160 in the list and select the UNINSTALL option.
4. Press the EXECUTE button, and if prompted if you are sure that you want to uninstall the drivers, please click on YES.
5. The printer drivers should begin uninstalling. Once uninstallation is completed, please press the COMPLETE button to finalize the uninstallation.
6. Please follow the steps above to also locate and uninstall the MP Navigator program.
Once the drivers and MP Navigator program have been uninstalled, please install the latest drivers and version of MP Navigator for the printer from the Canon USA website. Please click here to go to the initial download page for your PIXMA MP160. Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.
2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the MP drivers file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.
Once you have downloaded the MP drivers file, please follow the steps above to also download the MP Navigator EX program from the Recommended Downloads section.
Once both files have been downloaded, please double-click on each of them and follow the prompts to install them on your computer. Please install the MP Drivers file first.
Hope this helps!
03-07-2016 01:31 AM
I've been attempting to install / connect my new MX492 Printer for 8 hours now after my Older Canon MG5320 suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason and just gave message to contact service center?!!!
After 8 hours and countless Youtube videos I was finally able to connect the new Canon Printer but it won't let me SCAN. I keep getting the message: The scanner driver supported by this software is not installed."
So frustrated. Going back in the box tomorrow and will be returned. So disappointed with Canon.
I've installed many printers to computers over the years and have never had this many problems, and it's obviously a problem others are experiencing. What is up with Canon? I truely thought it would be a quick 15 minute process. Not 8 hours all for nothing since I can't scan.
Because of this inability to Scan I now have to drive 2 hours tomorrow from my desert home to my office in Beverly Hills just to properly scan documents that I was hoping to scan with my new inefficient Canon MX492.
Surely Canon can fix this problem. A Google search will reveal that others are experiencing the same problem as well. Canon, your clients time is valuable. I just wasted 8 hours of my time on a faulty inefficient Printer/Scanner.
Again, I've installed many printers. I've followeed all instructions to the letter. I've tried installing every way possible. It's not me... it's the Faulty Printer/Scanner. Most other Printers install easily. Why not Canon?
So dissappointed with Canon.
03-07-2016 09:16 AM
Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
03-21-2016 03:59 PM
I tried this solution. Absolutely no effect at all. Im using Windows 7 and the printer is an mp520, but Im getting exactly the same message