cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print from Andriod phone from a Pixma 5420

jbcreole
Apprentice

I bought the Pixma 5420 so that we all could print from our smart phone at home. I have downloaded the Pixma Print app , plus the Canon M print .The blue light is lit-up on my printer and i have tried everything i can. On the m app its says it cannot detect printer. I printed the Network configuration page and entered the ip address, still nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution... Download Canon Easy photoprint on google play. Also, make sure u fill the upper traywith paper.  if neede just cut to size

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

chmod
Contributor

If you upgrade the firmware on the printer to support Google Cloud print, then you can print from the android to the PIXMA.

This will result in perhaps more access than you planned, but it works like a charm locally or remotely.

WRT printing locally only, I haven't found anything which works reliably with my android and my MX 892 printer.

chmod

I tried that already.

Solution... Download Canon Easy photoprint on google play. Also, make sure u fill the upper traywith paper.  if neede just cut to size

My only issue with the Canon app is, you cannot print anything BUT images. No .pdf or documents.

Otherwise it is fine.

?

Android procedure is dorky. First you have to save the file to Google Cloud. Then, you have to find it and tell it to print. Select your printer. Print.

Unfortunately, my printer (MX892) goes to sleep then isn't in list of choices. I have to wait until I am physically at printer and re-enter the passphrase for my router's network (your name for your home network). It only works if I do this in "Other Settings". Hope you don't have the same "sleeping" printer problem. 

When the printer is active and signed into your router, you should be printing wirelessly all the time.

I know nothng about the two apps you installed.

but, you are saying you installed and validated Google Cloud Print with the URL/bar code using the phone/device you wish to use...right?

Then, as an example, you open a photo in your Gallery using only generic tools, or email, not anything third party (just to elimate what differs between your setup and mine) etc...and go to the print option.

The printer doesn't appear or cannot be chosen?

If this is all true, then I'm sorry, I can't add anything.

best of luck.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements