cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I scan multiple pages and have them save as one pdf file? I keep getting a file for each.

trepc
Apprentice

I'm new to my Canon Pixma multifunction and having a difficult time getting settings correct to scan from my automatic feeder multiple pages and get them to email as one document.    Suggestions please?  

59 REPLIES 59

Great advice.  Worked like a treat.  I have MG3200 series and this works similarly except you dont have to return to the preview window.  It automaticly saves the doc.  Thank you kathypat.

merrymary247
Rising Star
On Windows10, you can click on the search box in the bottom right and type IJ scan utility. As long as you have installed the drivers it should already be on your computer.

Press the button that says Document. It'll scan the first page, then say to continue scanning load the next document and press scan again. Continue this process until you're done, then press exit. It'll save all pages into one multiple page PDF.

slabfam5566
Apprentice

Please help... how do i scan multiple pages and have them as one pdf file ? I keep getting a file for each

Hi Slabfam5566!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer and operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter and you are in the US, our technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). 

If you are outside of the US, Canon in your country will be able to assist you. Please go to www.canon.com and choose your region for assistance. 

Thanks!

terri3162
Apprentice

I have searched the online Manual to find out how to scan multiple pages into 1 PDF file, instaed of individual pages/files. How do I do this on the Canon LiDE 120 flatbed scanner????

keshia_2512
Apprentice

Hi 

i just purchased a Canon Pixma MX494, and am having issued with scanning. 

I need to scan quite a few pages into one PDF document but due to the size of the feeder am unable to do that. 

Please how do i scan the documents in separating but combine it into one document. 

I have a macbook air. 

your urgent help will be much appreciated. 

* separately 

Also the document is plus 20 pages. Hoping i dont have to put every single page on the glass and scan it one at a time. 

merrymary247
Rising Star
The top feeder can accommodate up to 30 pages. 20 pages should be fine to load in the ADF.

jtaquino
Apprentice

How do I scan multiple pages and have them save as one pdf file?

Richard777
Apprentice

I had this same question and finally figured out today how to do this on my Canon MG5220 printer but I bet several printers are similar.

This is what I did.  I scanned multiple pages on the flatbed and each scanned page showed up in software as a separate pdf image file.

Over on the left hand side of the screen I have an area called View and Use at the top of the screen.  Down below there is a section called PDF.

Under PDF there is a tab called Create/Edit PDF file.  Click on it.  Select all the pages or separate pdf's that popped up previously.  I checked the check boxes on each pdf in the bottom left.  (This part I am basing on memory.)  Another screen popped up with the pages.  Only the first page was highlighted.  I scrolled down and held the shift key and the last page to select all pages.

Then I clicked on the side of the screen under the pdf section that says "save all pages".  Then I had the option to select where to save my pdf and the pdf was saved with multiple pages.  Note:  I don't know why but one page was out of order.  I had to go back and repeat the process where I had selected the pages.  Apparently one page had shifted in the final part of the process.  All I had to do was click and drag the page back to where it should be and save all pages to a new pdf file again.

I hope this helps.  Part of the reason I am documenting this is to help me remember the next time I try to do it.

Announcements