cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the print head in a PIXMA MX922 printer so I can clean or replace it?

Happy
Apprentice

How do I remove the print head in a PIXMA MX922 printer so I can clean or replace it? The printer clean and deep clean features will not provide print quality corrections.

7 REPLIES 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi Happy,

To remove the ink tanks and print head from the printer, please follow the steps located here.  Please note that we do not recommend cleaning the print head using any other methods other than the ones built into the printer, as it may do damage to the printer.  If performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer do not resolve the issue, the printer may require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Ramona,

Could you repost that link for Pixma MX922 printhead removal instructions.  I'm trying to troubleshoot my own B200 error code and I'd like to remove the printhead but cannot seem to figure it out.  The link that you posted for Happy isn't opening for me. 

Thank you!

Hi aprilrose1286,

To remove and reseat the print head, please follow the steps located here.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help. There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

please tell me how

@Ramona wrote:

Hi Happy,

@Ramona wrote:

Hi Happy,

To remove the ink tanks and print head from the printer, please follow the steps located here.  Please note that we do not recommend cleaning the print head using any other methods other than the ones built into the printer, as it may do damage to the printer.  If performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer do not resolve the issue, the printer may require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Hy cyclingbro,

You can find step-by-step directions on the process by clicking: HERE

Hope this helps!

Typical of any so called help from CANON. They just DON'T want any one trying to fix their kit as they then lose out on selling just another dodgy printer. I have had so many problems with clogged print heads I guess I would have spent thousands of UK Pounds on new printers. I would recommend changing to EPSON or BROTHER printers as they are not so prone to the same poor quality print head issues. I ditched my second MX series due mainly continual loss of Wireless connectivity but also blocked printer heads and misfeeds (taking in 2 or 3 sheets at a time)  with the consequent paper jams.  Cannot/would not recommend any LONG TERM reliability from these!

mgail
Apprentice

PLEASE, where are the steps to removing the print head!

Announcements