cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print black and white only on my MX922?

kevinkelly11
Apprentice

I have an Apple Computer using OSX 10.11.5 - How do I print black and white only on my MX922?

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi kevinkelly11,                     

Use these instructions to print using only the black ink tank in Mac OS X:

Note: Image quality will be sacrificed when printing photographs and graphics.

1.  Open the Print dialog box by clicking File and selecting 'Print' from inside the application being printed from.

2.  Select the 'Quality & Media' settings from the pop-up menu.

3.  Select 'Plain Paper' as the Media Type.

4.  Select the box for 'Grayscale Printing'.

5.  Select 'Printing a composite document' from the Print Mode.

6.  Click 'Print' to save the changes.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have recently found from looking at this and other various community posts that this printer (MX922) DOES NOT ALLOW black ink only printing.  It wastes/uses color ink even when told to print in black and white (greyscale).  I have to agree with what I have read because I cannot figure out how to print in just black.  The printer will essentially NOT print when I have a FULL black cartridge (and color cartridges are out).  THIS IS dispicable and slimy on the part of Cannon to say the very least!!!

I am getting rid of this printer and looking at HP instead!  

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CANNON PRINTER AGAIN!!!

Regretfully,

Jo

Announcements