cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my Canon printer model name to download drivers by just knowing the serial number?

Psteb
Apprentice

Serial # is JUYB*****.

41 REPLIES 41

My Printer is a canon MG Pixma 5200 wireless

elisesideli
Apprentice

Hi, I have a printer that was given to me about 5 years ago, never used- no model number on it and need to sort out if I can use it with my Macbook? Not sure which model so can't download directions- help! Thanks!

elisesideli
Apprentice

Actually- looks like I can send you the serial number- nsw***** -i think that's right! thanks!

[Numerical portion of serial number removed to protect privacy]

RREMICH1
Apprentice

I also need the model number of my printer to download drivers and only have the SN.  KJEP*****

Thank you

[Numerical portion of serial number removed to protect privacy]

Hi RREMICH1,

The PIXMA MG3500 series multifunction units have serial numbers that begin with KJE.

More specifically, KJEP is the serial number for the PIXMA MG3520 (Black).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Could you please tell me what model I have as well? Serial Number K1[remainder removed to protect your privacy]

Thanks

Hi!

As we mentioned earlier in this thread, each Canon printer features its model name somewhere on the outer casing, usually on the top or the front of the unit.  If you have a PIXMA model, its name will generally begin with two letters, such as iP, MX, MG, or MP, with up to 4 numbers after it.

The model name is far easier to find than the serial number, so we encourage you to use that to identify your printer.  There is no secret "real name" for your printer, as all of Canon USA's web sites and resources list the printer by the name on its casing.

If the model number is not visible for some reason, we may be able to look it up via your serial number.  That should consist of 4 letters followed by 5 numbers, looking like "ABCD12345."  Post only the letter portion (the "ABCD" part) of your serial number here and we'll look it up.  For privacy concerns, please leave out the numerical portion (the "12345" part).

If you need immediate help, our support team is ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://canon.us/EmailCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

yvsrcanon
Apprentice

Pl. provide the suitable driver for my Canon K 1[remainder removed to protect your privacy] printer to be installed in my Windows 10 laptop.

surendranath
Apprentice

My canon serial no is [Removed to protect your privacy]

nx1
Apprentice

I cannot find my model either. I think mine is old though because my serial number is [Removed to protect your privacy]

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements