cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my Canon printer model name to download drivers by just knowing the serial number?

Psteb
Apprentice

Serial # is JUYB*****.

41 REPLIES 41

Danny

Hi, Psteb!

Based on the serial number, which we have edited to protect your privacy, your printer is the Canon PIXMA MP490, whose driver and software download page can be found here.

We hope this helps!

I also only have serial number: MLGB*****. what is the model? I need download the driver. Thanks!

Mod Note: Edited serial number per forum guidelines.

Hi, tonyche! 

We've researched your serial number prefix and we did find a match for it on any Canon printer model worldwide.  Could you please check the serial number again?  If you have access to the printer itself, the model number should be displayed prominently on its outer casing.  We're sure you'll agree that a driver won't do you much good unless you have the printer to go with it.

If you need additional support, feel free to CLICK HERE to contact our award-winning all-American technical support team.

so is there no way to get my model number off this printer?  I can't find my owners manual.  I found the serial number.  what now?

Hi, yeehaa!

All of our printers feature their model name somewhere on the outer casing, usually on the top or the front of the unit.  Our PIXMA inkjet printer model names generally begin with two letters, such as iP, MX, MG, or MP, followed by up to 4 numbers.

If, for whatever reason, you can't find this model number, we may be able to look it up via your serial number.  Your serial number should consist of 4 letters followed by 5 numbers, so it should look like "ABCD12345."  Post the letter portion (the "ABCD" part) of your serial number here and we'll look it up.  For privacy concerns, please leave out the numerical portion (the "12345" part).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

The letters of my serial number are LNYA, can you please he;p me find my model?

Thanks

please find my model number, serial number is QXP 18351

So can you share the love . . .  is there a way to find the model number from a serial number online?  serial number starting with LWXA would be what?, for example.  There must be a list somewhere.

How do I find my Canon printer model name to download drivers by just knowing the serial number?

Printer serial Number = 

Canon (serial #: FCKT#####)

Thanks

Larry

Mod Note: Edited serial number per forum guidelines.

Announcements