cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my Canon printer model name to download drivers by just knowing the serial number?

Psteb
Apprentice

Serial # is JUYB*****.

41 REPLIES 41

Hi, xb!

The number you provided does not appear to be the serial number. However, all of our printers feature their model name somewhere on the outer casing, usually on the top or the front of the unit.  Our PIXMA inkjet printer model names generally begin with two letters, such as iP, MX, MG, or MP, followed by up to 4 numbers.

If, for whatever reason, you can't find this model number, we may be able to look it up via your serial number.  Your serial number should consist of 4 letters followed by 5 numbers, so it should look like "ABCD12345."  Post the letter portion (the "ABCD" part) of your serial number here and we'll look it up.  For privacy concerns, please leave out the numerical portion (the "12345" part).

Thanks and have a great day!

hey mine is KJMJ####

can you find my printer model name.

,Thank You

Mod Note: Edited serial number per forum guidelines.

Hello jstefko12!

Your printer model is the PIXMA MG2920. You can see this model number on the top of the printer, above the power button. 

We hope this helps!

oobrittyannoo
Apprentice

Hi! Mr serial number is NCSA******

I need to know the model number and ink for this printer. Thank you for your help!

Hi oobrittyannoo!

Our friendly, US-based technical support team will be happy to help you determine your model and seral number, and if necessary, help you locate the software to download! Our team is at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays fro 10am to 10pm (ET).

moom
Apprentice

My serial # is KKDA***** hlp

Gil1
Apprentice

Hello,

My printer serial number is KMGA ******. What is the model ? Does it work on recent windows versions ? Thank you so much !

Gil

Mod Note: Edited serial number per forum guidelines.

husee
Apprentice

I also need the model number of my printer to download drivers and only have the SN. lfpc*****

thank you

Hello Husee!

The model of your printer will be labeled on the top or front of the printer. 

KRISSG
Apprentice

my serial number is KKRS

Announcements