cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my Canon printer model name to download drivers by just knowing the serial number?

Psteb
Apprentice

Serial # is JUYB*****.

41 REPLIES 41

Shunnjazi
Apprentice
I need to find which one is my model my serial is acpc*****

drewbrun
Apprentice

I need to know my model number so I can redownload the printer onto my computer. Serial number is AZDK.....

Hello drewbrun!

As we mentioned earlier in this thread, each Canon printer features its model name somewhere on the outer casing, usually on the top or the front of the unit.  If you have a PIXMA model, its name will generally begin with two letters, such as iP, MX, MG, or MP, with up to 4 numbers after it.

The model name is far easier to find than the serial number, so we encourage you to use that to identify your printer.  There is no secret "real name" for your printer, as all of Canon USA's web sites and resources list the printer by the name on its casing.

If the model number is not visible for some reason, technical support may be able to look it up via your serial number.  That should consist of 4 letters followed by 5 numbers, looking like "ABCD12345."  

If you need immediate help, our support team is ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://canon.us/EmailCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Is there a site somewhere . . . . I tried calling and got tech support who didn't know how to do this.  It's a 3 year old printer serial number LWX [Removed to protect your privacy] . . . I would think the first three or 4 digits tell you the model number, but haven't been able to find.  So if you know the model number, could you please send? 

OK monitor, since you left only that my serial number starts with LWX, I'm guessing that means something.  So can you give me a clue on how to figure out the model number?  This obviously is a common problem.  There must be a list somewhere?

Hello alsanchez!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums!

Only our US-based technical support team has a tool that can verify your model based on the first few characters. We do want to let you know that  phone support is only available during the week (Monday through Friday) from 10am to 10pm (ET). The best number to call and guarantee you're speaking with actual Canon employees is 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). If you were to call any other number, you could be speaking with some other company, and there are a lot out there that pretend to be Canon USA. None of them are Canon USA, and none are authorized, trained, or endorsed by Canon USA.

That being said, we've looked up the first few characters of your printer, and you have a PIXMA MG2220. You'll find the moniker on the bottom right of the machine - you might have to close the paper tray to see it. You can find the Drivers and Downloads for your machine HERE

We hope this helps!

Thanks for the quick reply.  I did call that number (from the canon support page) . . . . since it's a Saturday, I probably didn't get the most experienced guy.

RE: If the model number is not visible for some reason, technical support may be able to look it up via your serial number.  That should consist of 4 letters followed by 5 numbers, looking like "ABCD12345."  

I called tech support and he said that while he had no way to give me the model number from the serial number, he wanted to get my personal information so he could log the call.  I know I just got a confused tech, but maybe if you allowed us to find this information online (like with the registration area), we would be happier Canon customers.

Mharvs2017
Apprentice

How do i find model of my printer the serial number is: FBHAxxxxx

Please reply... Thanks and God bless You!!!

Mod Note: Edited serial number per forum guidelines.

Amv61179
Apprentice

Hi! I also need my model number. My serial number is kjvsxxxxx

Mod Note: Edited serial number per forum guidelines.

xb
Apprentice

Hi I have the same issue - can't find any model number for my Pixma printer that I bought used.  Need to order print cartridges:  Serial number is this, I think: QC2-5161-D803-01.  

Can someone assist with giving me my model number please?

Announcements