cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I clear the printer buffer in the Canon MP495?

alexdlrg
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Email I received:

Hello alexdlrg,

Your topic recently received a reply.

Topic: How do I clear the printer buffer in the Canon MP495?
Date: Wed Jan 29 13:53:11 PST 2014

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

To manage your subscriptions or to change your subscription options, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to the Canon Forum.
  2. Click My Settings.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save.

Thanks for being a Canon Forum member.

Your Canon Forum Team

Why am I getting email to accept a reply when my question hasn't yet been answered with a solution?

I haven't heard from Canon in over a week on this.  I ended up getting it answered by phone support.

Clearly,.this online community doesn't add any value to customer needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, alexdlrg!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.  Here's the chronology.  I tried to print an Adobe .pdf document. The 1st, 2nd, and 4th pages printed fine. The 3rd page never printed.  I cancelled the print job.  Later I tried to print a Word .doc document.  Instead of printing it, it printed the 3rd page from the previous job!  I tried cancelling it several times, powered off the MP495, and then disconnected the power and printer cables completely to attempt to empty the print buffer.  Even after doing all this, when I reconnected power and the printer cables, it still printed the 3rd page!

No matter what I do, the printer keeps printing the same page over and over and over again!  It is wasting both paper and ink!  I'm very upset about this because I wanted to print my resume for a job fair, and it wouldn't work, so I was forced to attend the job fair without resume copies.  This is VERY frustating and annoying!

Hello? Bueller?

Hi alexdlrg!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

Email I received:

Hello alexdlrg,

Your topic recently received a reply.

Topic: How do I clear the printer buffer in the Canon MP495?
Date: Wed Jan 29 13:53:11 PST 2014

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

To manage your subscriptions or to change your subscription options, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to the Canon Forum.
  2. Click My Settings.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save.

Thanks for being a Canon Forum member.

Your Canon Forum Team

Why am I getting email to accept a reply when my question hasn't yet been answered with a solution?

I haven't heard from Canon in over a week on this.  I ended up getting it answered by phone support.

Clearly,.this online community doesn't add any value to customer needs.

Announcements