cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I scan a document to PDF in Windows 7 Professional

daberg
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX892 which I previously used with Windows XP. I was able to scan documents to PDF very easily using the Canon Solutions Menu EX.  I am now using Windows 7 Pro 64. I downloaded the associated version of Canon Solutions Menu EX, but it is completely different from the Windows XP with far less functionality.  Is there some way to scan documents to PDF with Windows 7 Pro?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi daberg,

There is a program called MP Navigator that comes with the printer that can assist you with scanning a document in as a PDF file.  Once you are in the MP Navigator program, please follow these steps to scan and save a document in PDF format:

1.  When MP Navigator opens, click on the ONE-CLICK option at the top of the window.

2.  Click on the SAVE AS PDF FILE button.

3.  Place the document you want to scan on the Platen, then select your Document Type (either Color or Black and White Photo or Document), Size, and Resolution.  

4.  In the FILENAME section, the default name for the file will be IMG; you can change this to something else if you would like by highlighting the IMG and then typing over it.

5.  In the SAVE IN section, you will see the folder path and location that the file will be saved to when you scan it; if you would like to change the location, please click on the SPECIFY button and select the location where you would like the file saved to.

6.  Below the SAVE IN section, there is a checkbox titled SAVE TO A SUBFOLDER WITH THE CURRENT DATE.  If you leave this checkbox checked, then whatever folder location you select will have a folder with the current date of the scan placed in it, and inside of the currently dated folder will be the file that you scanned.  If you do not want to have the program create the subfolder, please uncheck that box.

7.  Click the green SCAN button.  Scanning starts.  When scanning is completed, the file will be saved in the location you specified.

8.  You can then close out of the MP Navigator program and go to the location where you specified the file to save.  You should find the PDF file in that location.  

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements