cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Lower The Scanner Platform (MF8380CDW)

Dynaco
Apprentice

I raised the scanner platform on my MF8380CDW and it is now locked in the up position.    The directions under clearing paper jams simply states raise the scanner platform, remove any jammed paper, and then lower the platform.   There is nothing about how you should release it from the locked up position to lower it   A search of the web with Google and a search of this forum only reveals an 8350 user who had a similar problem but there was no solution.  How do you unlock the scanner platform so you can lower it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dynaco
Apprentice

In case someone else stumbles across this, do not look for a lever  to press or anything else.  The solution is to press the roller near the center of the support holding the platform up away from you toward the back of the printer.   Very easy once you understand how it operates.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dynaco
Apprentice

In case someone else stumbles across this, do not look for a lever  to press or anything else.  The solution is to press the roller near the center of the support holding the platform up away from you toward the back of the printer.   Very easy once you understand how it operates.

Announcements