Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Hello:

I bought an MX-922 in August mainly because it was cloud-ready and I could print from my Chromebook, Nexus Tablet, iPhone etc. i had no problems printing from these devices until a couple of days ago.

Suddenly it wouldn't print from my Chrome web browser. I have NO problem printing wirelessly from my laptop with Word, etc. but whenever I try to print from the Google Chrome Browser, it says my printer has been offline for more than a week--even when it's on.

I tried deleting the printer from Google Cloud Print but it said that it couldn't connect with the network. 

I do keep my printer off unless I'm printing, but again, I have done this since I've bought it with no problems and I had no issues using the printer normally. It's just this dang Google Cloud Print. 

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? 

Thanks!!

Product Expert

Hello. 

If the offline error persists but you are able to print within your local network, please check the network settings for your Android devices.  It may be possible that the devices are connected to a different network than the printer and your laptop that is able to print.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Occasional Contributor

I'll try that. Thanks. 

Occasional Contributor

did you ever solve this? I have this same issue on two different MX892 (in different locations) and one MX922 and have been unable to have any of the three printers stay online google cloud print....

Occasional Contributor

I ended up "disconnecting it" and then setting it up again. It works now but there are still moments when it's acting temperamental. 

New Contributor

My IPad prints but my laptop states that the printer is offline. It's all the same network in my house. What should I be looking for on the laptop.

New Contributor

Same exact problem here. iPad and laptops do great but Chromebook insists it's offline...and a pain to go into the basement office to reset!
New Contributor

Can you expand on 'disconnected'?  You mean kill Google Cloud registration and start over or something less drastic?

Thanks,

New Contributor

Similar problem here, MX922 works perfectly via WIFI from Win7 laptop, but on the Samsung Chromebook via CoudPrint I see "Printer is offline."  I have deleted the cloud registration and re-registered several times.  (that is, use the printer to request a registration code, plug that code into the browser URL box, read the confirmation, and press enter to confirm to the printer.   Each time the printer displays the message confirming the registration, but the Chromebook continues to report that the MX922 is offline.  Do we need to shutdown and reboot the printer or the device?  

Occasional Contributor

This is a well-known problem with Google Cloud Print that is widely discussed in Google's own product forums. Unless your printer is specifically designed for it, Google Cloud Print is a hit or miss. It's easier and more reliable to send the file to your computer and print it when you get home. Or bring the file to Fedex is a USB drive. More secure, too.