cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Support code 1007" on Canon MG5422 printer when trying to print.

MReynolds81
Apprentice

I have been trying to print some coupons as I've done for years and I have been getting the message "Support Code 1007" on the printer screen and saying the upper cassette is empty. Solution "Load paper". Well duh. But even if I add paper I do not want it to print from the upper tray as I am not printing photos. I am printing coupons so I'm assuming the printer thinks it's printing photos since the coupons have a small picture of the item on each one. Any way to make the lower tray the default for this? I called customer support and the rep wasn't very helpful and said he had the same trouble on his end and then proceeded to tell me "Do some research and see if you can find a solution. Sorry I couldn't help you. Have a nice day!" Some help he was. Anyone know a way around this? Never had a problem with my previous Canon printer which recently died so I bought this one and am beginning to hate it.

51 REPLIES 51

Danny

Hi, MReynolds81!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Oh my bad. I'm using Mac OSX 10.8.5.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi MReynolds81,

The paper will be pulled from the appropriate tray based on the size of your document.  Check the size of your document to ensure that you are set to print on standard plain paper.  It's likely your settings are configured for a size that will be pulled from the upper tray (which is designed for smaller sized paper).

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cdunn
Contributor

I'm now getting this same problem.  I'm using a MX922 and have been printing a standard letter size page for some time but all of a sudden when printing this same item I get this support code message and I have to go print the page to a PDF, save it and then it will print.  I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.  What is going on?  I've enjoyed Canon for years and this is very annoying.  

Hello cdunn,

Have you tried reinstalling the updated drivers from the website? If not, click HERE to download the most up to drivers for your operating system.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I installed the driver as recommended and there is no change - I still have to print the document/form to a pdf, save it on my MAC and then open and can print as a pdf file.  I'm in Real Estate and I print off property sheets every day and this is (a) very time consuming (b) extra steps that for the first few weeks after purchasing I did not have to do and (c) I then have to go back and delete these PDF files so won't fill up my hard drive.  I'm about to go buy a new printer and it won't be a Canon.  Till now I had been very happy with Canon printer but I can't keep doing all these extra time and patience consuming steps.

Hi cdunn,

Are you able to print using other programs?  Do you only see the Support Code when printing the property sheets?  What program are you using to print the sheets?

Please feel free to CALL US if you need immediate assistance.

I've downloaded the drivers as requested in the prior replies and it does not matter what program/applicaiton I'm using.  There is a MAJOR issue with the WiFi.  It prints fine with the cable connected but not on the WiFi.  The WiFi indicator is on, during WLAN set up it said it was connected to access point, however, now when I look at the printer status it does not even show as being online, I now have to plug in the cable!  Canon was a great printer but I'm going to find a new product that is (a) easy to install on an Apple device, (b) easy to access WiFi and HOLD the connection (c) does Apple AirPrint.  My wife's HP8600 located at the other end of the house has no problem with my printing needs.  I don't have the time or any more patience to deal with this WiFi issue any more. 

Hi cdunn,

Since you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact us via one of the methods located at the Contact Us link below.  We look forward to further assisting you.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Announcements