cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot my admin password Canon G3100

DamaRoja
Apprentice

Locked myself out of the printer settings how can I default the printer Canon pixma g3100 back to the orig default settings so I can enter a new password.

10 REPLIES 10

BillS
Mentor

Hi DamaRoja,

The default password for this model is the printer serial number.  The serial number can be found HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

administrator password that has changed, it is no longer the serial number.

Hi edxson,

Changing the admin password can be done on your computer:

(Windows)  http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/NetworkTool/W/3.7/EN/NWT/nwt_settings0700.html

(Mac OS X)  http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/NetworkTool/M/4.6/EN/NWT/nwt_settings0700.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried that already. But when I change it, request me again the password

Press and hold Stop button and release it when Alarm lamp flashes 23 times.

I know that this tread is 1 year old. But I have same problem and I have already tried to re-initialize my printer several times (6 times) and now I can not add it to the wireless again since it is still asking for the password. I tried the SN but it does not work.

+ I printed my network information and I can see that the SN from the printer matches with the one in the back

+ I also tried to use the ad-hoc mode and Im able to access the Wireless created by the Printer using as password the SN 

- But when tried to configure the printer to get connected to a router I get same log message mentioning the password is wrong 😞

+ Tried to configure with the Canon IJ network tool on MAC and Windows but still having the same problem 

with the printer turned on

Press and hold Stop button and release it when Alarm lamp flashes 23 times.

+ I tried several times and still not worked. 😞

+ Installed the latest firmware [3.0.1] [it was having 2.0.X]

+ Then tried again the procdure of waiting for 23 flashes and still not able to configure the printer to connect to the wireless since it ask for an admin password

+ Confirmed the SN by pressing the wireless icon, wait for power led to flash once, and then press the wireless botton again. So it printed the connectivity information and I do see the SN matches with the one on the back.

+ Tried capital letters, lower case but still not working 😞

Smiley LOL 

Ok, The soulution was 24 flashes. That made it work 😄 

<linked removed per forum guidelines>

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-15 a la(s) 23.36.37.png

Announcements