cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message with my Canoscan 5000: TWAIN error

annemg211
Apprentice

I realize my scanner is older, however I never had problems until recently. I uninstalled and reinstalled software for my Canoscan 5000/5000F. When I go to try a scan, I get a message on the screen that says: There is a TWAIN error. Make sure your device is connected. It is. Now what? My attempts at fixes thus far have been unsuccessful. Am I out of luck?   Woman Frustrated

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, annemg211!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running Windows XP on my PC with 2.0 GB of RAM, which hasn't changed from when my scanner WAS working. Does this help?

Ramona
Authority

Hi annemg211,

Is your scanner plugged directly into your computer, or is it plugged into a USB hub that is plugged into your computer?  

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The USB cable has been plugged into an "external" (multi-ended) USB port AND tried directly into the computer's USB hub. All the plugs have been unplugged and replugged. There is realistically no power coming thru the scanner. Software was all reloaded and does not recognize the scanner even being connected. No damage to any cords nor problems with anything else connected to the power source or USB hubs.

Hello.

If the error still persists, please document the status of the following items below:

1.  Right-click on Computer (from the desktop or start menu) and choose 'Manage'.

2.  In the Computer Management Window, highlight Device Manager on the left.

3.  Look for a category called 'Imaging Devices', if it is listed, document any items and how they appear.

4.  Look for a category called 'Other Devices', if it is listed, document any items and how they appear.  Then right-click and remove the item(s).

5.  Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and document what is listed there.

Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi I am new here & could not find how to write a question. I have the same problem as the person above.

I have a new Dell Vostro PC with Windows 10 Pro. I have a ConoScan 5000F Scanner.

( I had it previously installed on my Shuttle PC that had Windows 10 which died.) It worked fine before the computer died.

I installed the CD & software from the Canon CD.  All the software works fine. When I click on Acquire I get Twain error, "Maybe the divice is not connected". The Scanner does not work.  When I checked the Divices & Printers I see this:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" I checked your CanoScan 5000F page I see NO Driver available; what  do I do now? Please help me.

Thank you, VNV1

Announcements