cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message-Check printer 5100 on my Pixma mx310

jabogdon
Apprentice

Has anyone had this? Is it fixable? Have cleaned everything.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi jabogdon,

To try and resolve the 5100 error, please follow the steps located here.  Please click on each of the bulleted items that appear on the page to display the steps to perform the listed action.   Should you continue to receive the error after following the troubleshooting steps, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed all the suggestions to clear the 5100 error on my MX310 printer. Nothing worked until I came across the suggestion to clean the Waste Ink Absorber. It's messy but that solution worked. Half an hour in hot soapy water cleaned the Absorber pad -- reinstalling was, however, "delicate" to say the least -- be sure the absorber pad is fully seated in its rubber surround and that the surround's rubber tabs are all locked in place. In the MX310 the Waste Ink Absorber resides in the space where the ink tanks "home" when the printer is not in use.

jabogdon
Apprentice
Followed steps. No luck. Will buy another printer.
Announcements