cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 5010

cadadi
Apprentice

I can't find this error code 5010 in my guide, what does it mean and how do I fix.

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

Hello cadadi!

Welcome to the Canon Community and thank you for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon product you're using. It may be helpful to know your Computer's Operating System (Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a PIXMA MP600 printer

I have a HP computer.............I print just about every other day so I know they work together,

I was printing from the computer yesterday when I got this error code 5010.

Thank You.

I'm still waitng for a reply on my error code 5010 , on my Canon PIXMA MP600 (USB001) printer, it is connected to a HP computer, microsoft, I print every other day and was printing when I got the error code, I can't find this code in the quick start guide book.  PLEASE help. I did unplug and re-plugged in, turned off and on several times, error code won't go away.

Thank You, 

Diane

Hi Diane,

Welcome to the Canon Community! The Canon Community Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. Turn the printer off.

2. Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3. While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4. Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5. If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why can I print multiple copies from my laptop but can only print 1 copy before I get an error code 5010?  

Hi Margie47,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements