cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Out Of Paper When Tray Is Full

TimothyW1686
Contributor

Cannon MX920

I recently ran out of paper and it was a few days before I had a chance to buy some more so when I did, I reloaded the cassestte with paper and put it back into the printer and tried to print something when I get the error telling me there is no paper in the printer.

I never had this issue before, This only occured once I ran out of paper and No I didn't try and print anything when I knew the paper tray was empty.

I know that the printer is working fine and there are no jams and that the printer is able to feed the paper because when I tried to make a copy of something It gave me the out of paper error but I restarted the printer and tried again and this time it copied the paper with no issue and printed it so to make sure it was indeed working again I tried to make another copy and sure enough I got that error again so I decied to see what would happen if I restarted the printer and did what I did last time and sure enough as soon as I restarted it and it made the copy with no issue.

So I then went to my computer to try and print out something and it's giving me the "No Paper" error again.

15 REPLIES 15

Danny

Hi, TimothyW1686!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Cannon MX920

Support Code 1008

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Make sure that the paper is being loaded in the correct paper tray.  The MX920 has two paper trays on the front of the unit.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Umm the second tray is for photo paper so it's obivous you can't load printer paper in a tiny photo tray

My canon printer says that  ''put paper'' then there is the paper

See my post about cleaning the little roller  take-up wheels with alcohol. When those wheels get dusty or dirty they can't pick up the paper and the printer reports that there is no paper.  Cleanng those wheels with a long chop stick or something similar and a q-Tip dipped in alcohol and taped or rubber banded to the end to reach in there worked for me. Printer is now fine. Problem solved.

I have the problem with an Imageclass MF741Cdw. I can always print a test page from the main tray, and I can always print from an iPhone,  iPad or Mac. If I do a hard reboot on my PC, I can usually print from most programs. However, if I try to print from MS Edge, whether a web page or a PDF, most of the time it will say the tray is empty so I have to use the multimedia tray. Sometimes it works correctly if I 'Print using system dialog' especially if I am on the phone with Canon Tech Support after a 50 minute wait. Once I get the error message after trying to print from Edge, then I cannot print from other programs until I do a hard reboot. 

TimothyW1686
Contributor

Bump

lking896
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Announcements