Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code B200

grampatex
Apprentice

Suddenly error code B200 no explanation in manual have canon pixma mx850

103 REPLIES 103

Canon Pro9500 Mark II - Actually after some conversation with my (not so local) local repair person which led person to believe I could do this (I hv maintained ofc computer system in past), he explained how I cd open printer case (since it was out of warranty and not working anyway nothing to lose) and turn the wheel which is hidden inside case behind the buttons which would release my printhead from being locked to right side of carriage and not accessible.  I followed his directions and was able to release my printhead which I soaked several times in alcohol to clean out the ink - was a lot in there.  But even with it cleaned, I still got error message which he said would mean that my printhead was probably toast, possibly had been damaged beyond being fixed.  So I'm still trying to figure out if it is worth buying another printhead which is not cheap and risking that something else is wrong.

I bought my printer through Amazon and it's also out of warranty. I may just try to do what you just did. I've tried the manual, emailing canon, Youtube and other ways. Nothing has come up yet so, I'll try taking out the print heads and see what happens...

I too have the same error code - I've tried all the seating, re-seating - plugging in etc.  NOTHING is fixing my problem - WTH??  This is absurd.  Same error for all of us - isn't this called a defect?

Hello

I found that my problem was self caused, sometimes when I install a new cartridge and I get it a little cockeyed that every time that I do it it racks the print head a little and eventualy you will get this code.  I went on ebay and purchased a new print head foe $12.88 odel # QY6-0083 for my PIXMA MG7720 series printer and it worked fine from that day forward I was very carfull abiut installing cartridges 

For those who have a PIXMA IP4700

I received a reply from Canon Australia Custiomer Service today with the following information;

Note the recommended resetting procedure in blue. Also the prices quoted are in AUD.

B200 error code indicates that the logic board assembly or the print head of the machine has encountered an internal fault. This may occur if a refill or non-genuine ink was used, causing the print head to be blocked. Another cause is that the print head nozzles and ink supply ports are clogged and dirty. Another possibility is that the main circuit board is damaged or worn out.

To clear the error, you may consider resetting the printer. To do this, turn off the printer and remove the printer from the power outlet. While the printer is off, open the front cover to reveal the cartridges. Now plug the printer back to the power source, turn on the printer and wait until the ink head starts moving a bit from right to left, and then just shut the cover back to normal. Wait a minute or two and try printing. If you try to print anything, the error might come again in which you need to repeat the same steps. 

If the problem persists after resetting the printer, you may need to remove and reseat the print head and the ink tanks of the machine. Make sure that there is sufficient amount of inks and that the inks loaded are genuine ones. 

Meanwhile, iP4700 was released 9 years ago and frankly, it's more economical to replace the unit rather than to have it repaired. Repair is generally not practical since it isn't worth it for an older printer to have part replacements. If you have reached the point that the print head has worn out or blocked, then other wear items like the waste ink absorbers, sensors, paper feed rollers, etc. are also going to be at the end of their lives soon. 

Replacing the print head is pretty expensive and it really outweighs the cost of a brand new printer since current inkjet printers cost less. Some service agents charge $45 for assessment, minimum of $110 for labour if needed and minimum of $125 for possible print head replacement. 

Yeah if you buy the print head from Canon, I found a new one on Ebay for $12.88 I found that the prices on Ebay run from $12.88 to $29.00 depending on whitch printer you have. I installed a new print head from Ebay it workes fine.

I bought a new print head on Ebay for USD25.00 [link removed per forum guidelines]

After installing it I was then able to print documents again.

@rherber1wrote:

For those who have a PIXMA IP4700

I received a reply from Canon Australia Custiomer Service today with the following information;

Note the recommended resetting procedure in blue. Also the prices quoted are in AUD.

B200 error code indicates that the logic board assembly or the print head of the machine has encountered an internal fault. This may occur if a refill or non-genuine ink was used, causing the print head to be blocked. Another cause is that the print head nozzles and ink supply ports are clogged and dirty. Another possibility is that the main circuit board is damaged or worn out.

To clear the error, you may consider resetting the printer. To do this, turn off the printer and remove the printer from the power outlet. While the printer is off, open the front cover to reveal the cartridges. Now plug the printer back to the power source, turn on the printer and wait until the ink head starts moving a bit from right to left, and then just shut the cover back to normal. Wait a minute or two and try printing. If you try to print anything, the error might come again in which you need to repeat the same steps. 

If the problem persists after resetting the printer, you may need to remove and reseat the print head and the ink tanks of the machine. Make sure that there is sufficient amount of inks and that the inks loaded are genuine ones. 

Meanwhile, iP4700 was released 9 years ago and frankly, it's more economical to replace the unit rather than to have it repaired. Repair is generally not practical since it isn't worth it for an older printer to have part replacements. If you have reached the point that the print head has worn out or blocked, then other wear items like the waste ink absorbers, sensors, paper feed rollers, etc. are also going to be at the end of their lives soon. 

Replacing the print head is pretty expensive and it really outweighs the cost of a brand new printer since current inkjet printers cost less. Some service agents charge $45 for assessment, minimum of $110 for labour if needed and minimum of $125 for possible print head replacement. 

After being quoted AUD$125 for a new print head from Canon I decided to look for a new one on Ebay.

I discovered there are no cheap items and the best I could find was this [link removed per forum guidelines] (approx AUD33.50 including postage)

I have received the new print head and while I was at it I put in a new set of ink cartridges (bought locally for about AUD90). I can report that the new print head fixed my printer and I have successfully printed a test page.

Whiole the exercise cost me about AUD124.00 all up it is still cheaper than a new printer. Anyway, I hate chucking out equipment if it can be fixed at reasonable cost.

danwood21
Apprentice

I think I have stumbled upon a fix for this: 

Turn the printer off for 5 minutes. With the printer OFF, hit the print command and you will get a promt that says you printer is off line and do you want to resume? Hit Resume and THEN turn on your printer, and it should print!

Whatever caused this irritating problem seems to have gone away - at least for now....

Yana
Apprentice

Hi I have a cannon printer mx850 with error code B200

I cannot acess the ink cartridge to check on or replace.

Read other blog answers here but not finding the help I need.

please advise.

Announcements