Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code B200

grampatex
Apprentice

Suddenly error code B200 no explanation in manual have canon pixma mx850

103 REPLIES 103

Okay; did all of those steps twice.

NADA, no good, still get flashing alternate between orange alarm light and green copy button.  Does it 10 times then repeats.  Where's decoder to identify what 10 consecutive flashes mean?

Unfortunately, when I open the cover of the printer, the ink cartridges are not accessible.  How do I get to them if they do not automatically move out from the right side of the printer?

Hi,

I suddenly got this same error...I tried something that I found online and worked. You simply need to clean the printhead and replace. Let the printhead dry overnight before replacing. Here's a youtube link below to remove and clean Canon printhead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8

When replacing the printhead follow these steps.

With the printhead removed and cleaned go ahead and plug in your printer and turn it on.

The printer will turn on and instead of reading the B200 error it will say that you need to insert the printhead.

Open the cover and replace the printhead that you have cleaned.

Printer will now ask for the ink cartridges to be replaced.

Replaced the ink and "Praise God" the machine will work.

Hope this works!

Prayer changes everything!

Glad it worked.  So far, and it's been about 3 months now, it's still working for me as well!

Re: Error Code B200

Hi,

I suddenly got this same error...I tried something that I found online and worked. You simply need to clean the printhead and replace. Let the printhead dry overnight before replacing. Here's a youtube link below to remove and clean Canon printhead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8

When replacing the printhead follow these steps.

With the printhead removed and cleaned go ahead and plug in your printer and turn it on.

The printer will turn on and instead of reading the B200 error it will say that you need to insert the printhead.

Open the cover and replace the printhead that you have cleaned.

Printer will now ask for the ink cartridges to be replaced.

Replaced the ink and "Praise God" the machine will work.

I watched the video and followed the instructions. PROBLEM SOLVED! After cleaning the print head as per video instructions, I replaced the print head, replaced the ink cartridges, closed the inner door in front of the ink cartridges. Turned on the printer and it went through its "little dance" of calibrating the ink heads. I then printed.   THANKS!!!!!!

The print head can manually be moved to the center position by pulling the large grey ribbon it's attached to, left to right.

While the printer is turned off, open the cartridge door then turn on the printer and it will go through its functions then finally move the cartridges to the center.

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot. Wow.

Thats, that was very helpfull. That resolved the eroor that I had.

At Canon servise center here (at ISRAEL) ask me to pay something around 50-60 U.S. $'s (!!!), for changing the had. Almost a new printer price.

After I followed your suggestment and solved the problem, now the print moved a little right (not where it must to be). Tryed to align but this didn't solved. maybe you have one more suggest for me?

Thanks again

I tried the removing the ink cartridges, printer head and turning the power off for approx 10mins. While the pwer was off I cleaned the head of any excess ink and the printer worked without any problems.

followed below instructions but error code still present, any ideas

Announcements