Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code B200

grampatex
Apprentice

Suddenly error code B200 no explanation in manual have canon pixma mx850

103 REPLIES 103

Hmmm, I didn't have to push the power and home buttons.  Just cleaning and drying the print head.  Anyway, Canon should officially post this information and let their support personnel know.  It obviously works!

Please. My mx850 does not have a HOME button. What button are you really referring to???

The Home button is the one under the round thing with the ok in the middle. The one that looks like an arrow reverting on itself and pointing to a little dot.

legiong
Apprentice

For anyone who's having trouble removing the print head, I also had trouble but eventually got it out so try this:

Grab the print head and lift/pull up and down on it (not violently).

After doing that I could freely slide it out to remove the ink and the print head itself.

I'm impatiently waiting for it to dry now so I can reinstall and try the other things mentioned in this thread.

Edit:

Alternatively, try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfoevCbGFF4

pearlpro12
Apprentice

I tried all of the suggestions on this site, unfortunatly no luck.  So i figured I would call the service center just to make sure. They told me to unplug the unit while it is stil on savng the error code.  Then as the unit is turned off (by unplugging it) press the on off buton 5 times.  If any of you are out there having the same problems after doing all of thee above, you can do what i did and throw it out the window.  Accroding to service center there is nothing more you can do, game over, you get nothing, good day sir! You can stop reading this site now and schedule a visit to Best Buy.  May I suggest an HP or Epson. And to think I was a die hard canon fan.

@pearlpro12 wrote:

I tried all of the suggestions on this site, unfortunatly no luck.  So i figured I would call the service center just to make sure. They told me to unplug the unit while it is stil on savng the error code.  Then as the unit is turned off (by unplugging it) press the on off buton 5 times.  If any of you are out there having the same problems after doing all of thee above, you can do what i did and throw it out the window.  Accroding to service center there is nothing more you can do, game over, you get nothing, good day sir! You can stop reading this site now and schedule a visit to Best Buy.  May I suggest an HP or Epson. And to think I was a die hard canon fan.

I did the same. Cleaned the head, and went through every possible sequence to make it work, and still get the error code. Maybe it is just the printhead that needs replaced, but maybe the basket it rests in has a bad circuit. Yeah, I can get the error that the printhead is removed, but still doesn't 100% eliminate everything else. So I am stuck in situation of just replacing the head or have peace of mind and buy new. Loved this printer too for past 5 years.

I actually also had the printer for 5 years and after having washed the print head, etc and having it work for another 6 months before seeing the dreaded B200 error code again decided to just buy another printer.  Having been a loyal Canon purchaser, figured I'd go with Canon MX922.  Canon offered me 25% discount on MSRP, but wouldn't match Amazon lower price even with the discount and one-day delivery time, so I went with Amazon.  Not too happy, though.  Very noisy printer and lag from pressing "print" to printer actually printing.  Too bad.  I really like the scan to pdf, autoscan feeder and duplex printing functionality, but my Canon printer days may well be over after this one.

madmediaman
Apprentice

Sadly enough, another crappy printer I paid more for and it lasted about 50 more prints than the last HP.  These folks should have ink slung on them for selling this crap.  The customer service read through a list of what to do and then told me I could pay to get it fixed at the closest service center.  I live in Houston and the closest is in a town 40 miles away.  WTH?  Who is this company?  This is crap!

BlackKat
Apprentice

After many very happy years of trouble-free printing with my IP4700 I've just run into this problem tonight for the 1st - just cleaned the print head but not replaced it yet. 

What I'd like to get a heads-up on is whether there is currently another Canon printer that could easily replace this one & still have the important features I require for my needs - namely duplex printing & flat straight through (back to front) printing of heavyweight card & labels etc.  I thought the 7250 looked perfect but then read that it doesn't provide the pass through printing & caused issues when trying to print certain media as a result.

Anyone any other suggestions in case this one won't recover from this problem?

Thanks

========================================

Update:  Ended up replacing the print head as cleaning it etc failed to fix the problem which went from bad to worse,  Problem fully solved & given there's few suitable replacements it wasmoney WELL spent (same price as a new printer but worth it).

Where is the Home button?

Announcements